Solved

Do I seriously have to pay for service I have never used?

• 9 March 2020
  • 9 replies

On February 25th 2020, I had established, via online, BYOD service for two lines for the 55+ plan.  I only ordered two SIM cards (nothing else) at $10 each. Then, I get the order status, and I noticed I was charged $61.12. That did not sit well with me so when the UPS guy arrived on February 28th, I refused the package of the two SIM cards, and they were returned to sender (T-Mobile).  A few days later, I get a bill in the amount of $66.87. I called T-Mobile and the rep informed me that the bill is for service and that I have to pay it.  I told the rep to cancel everything and that I should not be charged for something I have not used. How could I have even used service, I never took possession of the SIM cards in the first place.

T-Mobile has already obtained $61.12 out of me for the two SIM cards. T-Mobile should not get any money out of me for service I have never used.

As I see it, It would be fraudulent to make me pay for something I have not used.

Here, I don't even know what I'm all being charged for. I was charged for two SIM cards $10 each so what did the unmentioned $40 go toward?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 18 March 2020, 15:18

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1

I do not understand how they are calculating an amount of $60+tax at first.

With T-Mobile, you mostly prepay your monthly plan. What is truly a postpaid is the additional charges.

Technically, you should not be charged before activation of your SIM card. If the SIM card were activated even before you receive them, then it's not correct.

But returning the package, without a phone call, normal that you are receiving a new bill.

Normally, you should have been aware of how much you were going to be billed upfront.

Regarding your experience, this is why I am always going to the store (speaking with their incompetent reps, but at elast they can tell you upfront what you are going to pay).

Have you been calling T-Mobile after refusing the package from UPS ?

If no, the time it's getting back, it can take time to process, and this is why you get billed again, for the following month. But $66.87 makes no sense.

So, technically, you have been subscribing to a service. If you did not cancel it, then, again, technically, you should pay for that service.

So, I would with no time try to enter in contact with them through their T-Force, using Facebook Messenger (open the facebook page of T-Mobile, and click to send a message through Messenger), and explain the situation. They may be able to work something for you. FInger crossed.

If you are calling their team of expert, at first, they are far to be expert of anything, they may be rude, and of course, nobody is going to solve your issue.

Good luck.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

We'd loved to help sort all this out. Our Care team would need to look at this further and see what options we have.

The bill makes no sense, and T-Mobile's refund, return policy completely does not make any sense.  I refused the SIM cards, and I have never used any service as the bill clearly states. Therefore, I simply should not pay for something I have not used. I believe I should also be refunded for the two SIM cards I paid for that I had never used. 

Online: Return Policy

New sale/lease and activation

For a refund, to exchange your Device or accessory, or to cancel your new service activation, return your Device or accessory within 20 calendar days of the date you received your order. During this period, you may return or exchange your Device or accessory, or cancel your new service activation for any reason as long as you:

• You are responsible for any charges incurred prior to service cancellation, including roaming, long distance, taxes, control charges, regulatory program fees and other fees.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Wow, we appreciate you posting this bill breakdown. I know for sure we'll still need our account care folks to help out further. You can call them or use our Social Media options on our Community-2153​.

Userlevel 1

The bill period is Feb 26 2020 to Feb 26 2020. I believe February 26 is when the service started.

Since you are prepaying the plan, and postpaying the usage, this bill is a prepay for the service. The service is covering Feb 27 to Mar 26 !

Also, in your order, it seems like you already prepaid for the first month of service. So the bill you received do not make any sense.

First thing, you should get refund for the SIM card, and second, the should cancel that bill (if it was on autopay, then you should receive a refund). That bill is a double charge.

You ordered on Feb 25, and paid the first month, so why billing again the period of Feb 27 to Mar 26 ?

Also, you definitely should get the full refund.

Get intouch with the guys on facebook messenger, they can do more than the people at the phone.

This is a freaking nightmare. Let us know the resolution of everything.

T-Mobile just sent me a letter informing me that they are now sending me to collections. It is now in the hands of the Better Business Bureau.

Userlevel 1

lucunlocked wrote:

T-Mobile just sent me a letter informing me that they are now sending me to collections. It is now in the hands of the Better Business Bureau.

First thing, remove the answer that has been marked as Correct Answer, because it's not an answer.

Also, any contact with T-Mobile Since March 14 ? (Which is the last time you posted an update.)

If yes, what did they say ?

Did you push again and again ?

Do you have any transcript of these conversation ?

With T-Mobile, you can't wait for them to do the first step towards you!

You need to step up and do harass them with your problem. And on the phone, it's kind of pointless.

Now, contact that collection company, and expose the details and what they promise you, reimbursement, cancelling bills, etc...

Something also extremely bothering with them, they have reduced staff for helping customers, but believe me, no reduced staff to start collections...

Having problems with them as well. Billing supposed to be corrected after 5 phone calls,  but I am not sure because I can't log on and see anything related to my account

We are having a similar issue with Tmobile and it is a nightmare! Having been longterm Prepaid customers with Tmobile, we decided to sign up for the essentials 55+ plan. After paying the initial amount, we received  the phones, but have been unable to port or activate our numbers. I have called Tmobile support several times and been to their stores 3 times. We were told our lines would be activated within 24 hours, that was over a month ago and now they are billing us for services we did not receive and cannot access.