Question

email to text gateway now sending blank emails?

• 1 October 2023
  • 15 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

I have several people I communicate with via email-to-text.  Normally, it works fine.

Over the past couple of weeks, something has changed.  When I mail from stat.colostate.edu

(or even gmail.com) to a tmomail address, they receive it fine.  When they reply, however, 

the message is blank save for this in the body:

---boundaryRMS123--

All mail from @tmomail.net arrives with this line:

Content-Type: multipart/related;Type="text/html";boundary="-boundaryRMS123"

and as late as Sep 8, emails that arrived in my inbox had five parts:  the html bit at the top, followed by the text bit and then 3 .gif bits.  Sometime after that, it changed and now I get the one line in the body and nothing else.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

15 replies

I have a small website for our running club.  The runners text their times to the website’s email address after a run.  I noticed on Friday 9/29/23 that messages received no longer had Base64 encoding but had ---boundaryRMS123-- instead.  If I include a subject field in the text with the runners time as the subject then the message is recognized.  How do I decode boundaryRMS123?

Same issue as of September 28, 2023.  All text-to-emails arrive with no message (due to the fact that there is no subject line when sending a text).  I hope T-mobile will get this fixed asap.  I will call for the 3rd time during normal business hours and hopefully get some answers. 

This just started this morning (10/1/23) on my phone.  After reading that I should use a subject line in plain text, I just resent two text-to-email messages again.  Still doesn’t work -- I just got “---boundaryRMS123---” message repeatedly.  Any ideas?

Badge

I just noticed after having to update my cell phone a few days ago all my texts I send to email for backup everything is empty I'm not the only one spoke to people on the phone which was useless went into the store at least one of the employees checked on his phone and yes there is a problem

If I send a message from my email to text messaging that one shows up I don't know what  is wrong with T-Mobile

Same here ---boundaryRMS123--  just started on 09/29/2023. Text from cell to my work email address???

Badge

I don't think it has anything to do with the address because I actually received a blank message with my text message phone number this is as soon as they updated it started for all of us it seems I don't know what's wrong

Userlevel 1

This has to be an entire T-Mobile failure, because I’m seeing this all over the web and there’s not a single T-Mobile rep providing any insight. 

i have the same problem.. trying to send pictures from my phone to my work email. 

i get :” --boundaryrms123--

then when i reply i get re:/ message

when i reply to my work email, I get boundaryRMS123

MESSAGE.. IT WAS WORKING  NOW ITS NOT.. UNREAL.. PLEASE FIX IT, UPDATE OUR PHONES, WE PAY MONTHLY SERVICES. THIS IS FOR WORK. 

ALOHA.PUA

Userlevel 1

This is a T-mobile failing.

It is not a device driven issue, it is now being posted here on Tmobile Communities, as well as Samsung Communities.

This is not a singular user error, this is occurring across all users (assumably), and is something they’ll need to fix. It’s likely a recent patched architecture failure, i.e. someone wrote a bad line of code. 

I just noticed after having to update my cell phone a few days ago all my texts I send to email for backup everything is empty I'm not the only one spoke to people on the phone which was useless went into the store at least one of the employees checked on his phone and yes there is a problem

If I send a message from my email to text messaging that one shows up I don't know what  is wrong with T-Mobile

Same here and I have called but so far nothing

Badge

Same here and I have called but so far nothing

I am also experiencing this issue 
it started on 27 Sept 2023 for me ( i send text to emails daily )  
I even went back to my last successful text recieved and tried sending it again   NO SUCCESS  

Yes, when I text my email, it does get received, but the body is empty. This has been going on for a week. I called tech support, and of course, he knows nothing about it, so we reset my apps on the phone plus some settings, which I did not want to do. I told the tech support that I had my daughter text my email, and she has T-Mobile, and the same thing: the text does get received, but the body is empty. It is not my cell phone! He pretty much blew that off. It is very frustrating when someone texts me a link. I always send that text to my email so I can look at it later, or even with clients. I forward stuff just to back it up. Now I can't. It would be nice if someone in the tech department put down their coffee and fixed it, please. 

There is another discussion on this in another thread, go to Community home and search for boundaryRMS123

The newest updates say it’s a nationwide problem they are working on. Also in that thread - 

I just got off the telephone with T-Mobile Agent, Quan’Day. She entered a Ticket, # 75239534, she said please give the engineers two to three days to investigate. Hopefully, this will be resolved very soon. 

It’s fixed!! 😊

Yup, it is finally fixed.