Question

Email to text not working

• 26 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m unable to send an email to my phone’s email address.  I’ve tried from my Gmail as well as my Comcast accounts.  
This is the bounce back message:

“The response from the remote server was:

550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net:blocked)”

The issue has been going on for quite a while - nearly 6 months that I’m aware of.  Is there a fix for this?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You should start with the Messaging and Email troubleshooting page. Particularly the Message blocking section. That setting could be keeping you from getting message, but the whole doc has helpful steps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The email-to-text service has become unusable.

I’ve been using a few different addresses to send myself messages for things like home automation. and over the last month or so more and more of them arrive hours or days late, and many just never arrive at all.

The “Message blocking” section offers no help for this   I’ve never blocked any of my own email addresses.  

It’s become completely random if I get a message in a few hours, a few days, or not at all.

This used to work fine, I would get messages in a few minutes.    Whatever party is managing the span filtering is breaking things and making the service unusable.