Question

Extra Date

• 11 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

So we have a situation where out internet is out and is going to be out until the repair team shows up, hopefully this afternoon. My husband works from home and started using his hot spot. This was fine until he reached his limit on high speed data. We called customer service for help. First they offered to upgrade our accounts for a higher charge. We did that think that was necessary. Next she suggested we add a “boost button” for the next 10 days that would give us high speed access…..for a $25 charge. This too seemed impractical as we are talking about a matter of hours rather than days. 

So to wrap this up we were somewhat taken back by T-Mobile not having the ability to extend our data for just a few hours. We have been loyal customers for over 23 years. We really were taken back as we have never had T Mobile just say “this is al we can do”

If anyone has any suggestions for us, please let us know.

1 reply

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It's frustrating when you're experiencing internet outages and your data plan is limited. Here are a few suggestions that might help:

1. Ask your husband's employer if they can provide a temporary solution, such as a Wi-Fi hotspot or a temporary office space.

2. Consider using free Wi-Fi hotspots in your area, such as at a coffee shop or library.

3. Check with T-Mobile to see if they offer any free or low-cost data options, such as a daily or hourly pass.

4. If you have a friend or family member who is willing to share their internet connection, you could consider using a personal hotspot from their device.

5. Reduce your data usage by turning off automatic app updates, avoiding video streaming, and disabling background app refresh.

6. Finally, it may be worth considering switching to a different internet service provider that offers more flexible data options, especially if you frequently work from home and rely heavily on your internet connection.

I hope these suggestions help you find a solution to your internet outage.