Question

first responders

• 23 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Greetings 

I am a nurse and I’m can’t help but wonder why nurses and physicians are not included in the first responders list. Of course , EMTs, fire fighters and police may respond to an emergency but once the patient is stabilized and transported to the care of physicians and nurses.  The EMTs, fire fighters and police will leave the facility and who is left to continue the care of patients. You guessed it : doctors and nurses.  So not to include nurses and physicians is a outright disrespect. I can vouch for any nurse or physician , who were directly in the frontline when COVID hit.  Just give us all the respect due and add us to the first responders list 

Thank you kindly 

Erica Tullison 

RN —20 years strong 

5 replies

Hello,

I have the same question!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I think the question was answered in the original post.  "First Responder" is the field that the discount is targetted at.  I am not saying a nurse's or doctor's job is less important or not as hard.  That is just how I interpret from what I know about who the discount applies to.  You might want to reach out to T-Mobile through Facebook or Twitter via DM to see if they can answer why there is no discount targeted at doctor's and nurse's.  They would also be the right people to pass on your feedback to the right people.

Crazy to me that nurses are not included in the first responder discount. I really hope T-mobile re-evaluates their decision. Very disappointing. 

AT&T gives nurses 25% of all unlimited services for First Responders and RNs or any one who works for a hospital, even vol. Fire Fighters. Even give you first priority access to the network in case of emergencies. I’m a T-mobile customer but I do know this to be true.

Badge

ER nurse here as well and I couldn't have said it better myself.  I absolutely am switching to a different phone company.  Nurses, especially ER nurses are first responders and we go above and beyond to save multiple lives daily.  We are UNDERPAID, OVERWORKED, SHORT STAFFED, SLEEP DEPRIVED, AND UNAPPRECIATED. The least t-mobile could do is give us a discount (and it was barely a discount to begin with).  You guys make an insane amount of money and every single person running this company and working for this company has had a nurse some how some way save or preserve their life.  Shame on you t-mobile.  I am absolutely going to make it known to my fellow first responders, THAT YOU APPARENTLY DONT CONSIDER FIRST RESPONDERS, to switch companies as well.  NOT ONLY DID YOU TAKE THE DISCOUNT AWAY, YOU WERE SNEAKY AND DIDNT EVEN INFORM ME THAT THE DISCOUNT WAS GOING TO BE REVOKED.

*********** I just did a little research and ATT gives 25%, Verizon gives $10 dollars off per account, spectrum gives 30% off *********