Question

Fraud Dispute going on for months

• 15 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

In September 2022 a handset was purchased from T-mobile using my chase checking account. Then again in October 2022 another handset was purchased from the same account. I immediately alerted chase as i did not make these purchases nor did i authorize these purchases. Someone clearly jacked my account and is now enjoying two new phones at my expense. Chase was not able to help me and advised that it first needs to be addressed through T-mobile. This is where I hit a roadblock due to T-mobile’s inability to handle a fraud claim and their lack of care for customers. I have called countless times, filed 8 dispute forms, and sent multiple follow ups. Each time they cancel my claim within three days. This is unacceptable. As a customer for over 6 years, i have never missed a payment and opened two accounts with T-mobile. It is frustrating that Tmobile doesn’t seem to take fraud seriously or even give clients the decency to file a complaint. Please advise. 

I would like to opportunity to speak with someone in the frauds department that has authority to make decisions. not a relay caller that will read a prompt to me that i have already done numerous times. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is a basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Is your Chase account linked to T-Mobile?  If so, you might un-link it to stop any more fraudulent activity.  Good luck with this, scary stuff when a bad actor can access your money.