Question

Get a SIM card and phone number

• 30 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge
  1. Can I walk in to a T-Mobile retail store to buy a physical SIM card and open a prepaid plan/account without pre-order or appointment?
  2. My daughter is an international student going to San Francisco for college. How can she get a physical SIM card and get a US local mobile phone number from T-Mobile? What will she need to do that?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes.  She can literally walk into any T-Mobile store  purchase a SIM and add some funds for a plan and walk out of there with a working service.  Appointments aren't necessary but sometimes more convenient for the customer.  If she plans on using a device she already owns, check the device compatibility with T-Mobile and make sure that device is SIM unlocked as well.

Badge

Do you know how can I do it through the Internet? My son is an international student in Maine. I am trying to activate him a prepaid plan. T-Mobile offers 3 diffferent kind of SIM cards.:

He has an Iphone. Which one should I purchase?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I would specifically buy the one that says prepaid if you are looking for a prepaid service.

Can t-mobile give me and SIM card and a phone number ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Can t-mobile give me and SIM card and a phone number ?

You can purchase a SIM at your local T-Mobile Store or from T-Mobile.com that you can setup for service and choose a number from the available numbers.

How much is a SIM card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

A prepaid SIM starter kit costs $25 and includes a prepaid SIM card.