Getting billed for a cancelled plan

• 11 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi, I just got a bill in the mail yesterday for a cancelled plan. I reached out to tforce on Twitter in the agent is telling me I need to go to a T-Mobile retail store which unfortunately unable to do as the nearest one is so.far away from me.

The bill is $40.04 currently but if it's not stopped I will keep getting billed

I can't get a lawyer as I'm very low income

What do I do???? I don't need this going to a collection agency and going to my credit report. I'm trying to buy a home in this will affect me

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you cancel in the middle of a billing cycle? If so you would still have a month of service.

Badge

Did you cancel in the middle of a billing cycle? If so you would still have a month of service.

Not that I'm aware of. I cancelled the tablet plan as soon as it was going to be getting ready for shipping to my address around two months ago

Edit: Looking at the bill I'm getting charged $30 for both months so no I don't believe it's in a middle of billing cycle issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to read the terms of the sale , also it takes up to 2 billing cycles for credits to show up on a bill.

Badge

And what I'm looking for specifically in the terms? The terms says "You have the right to cancel this agreement and return the equipment accordance with our return policy. If you exercise this right you have no payment obligation under this agreement"

Which has already been done.

Okay I don't think it's been two billing cycles. The terms says my payments are due 1/21/2022

Bill period is Jan 04- Feb 03, 2022

But in the bill, I have got the "credits" for the items removed from the total bill. But not the bill itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile’s billing system isn’t real time so it takes a while for the system to update.