Solved

Google Firebase authentication SMS not delivered

• 11 May 2020
  • 3 replies

We use Google Firebase SMS to authenticate users in our mobile app call Stitch. 

Our T-Mobile users have reported that they never receive the SMS and cannot use the app unless we manually add them to our system.

I saw a document online where I can get the number white listed but it requires a phone number and Google sends out a short code, not a 10-digit phone number. 

Is there some way to get our firebase short code white listed so this doesn't continue to happen?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 22 May 2020, 19:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

To get these messages, does the user need to have Stitch app? Do other short codes work? Like ones from banks or other companies?

The user needs to download our app.  The first screen asks them to enter their phone number for authentication.  Firebase then sends them a text message with a verification code that they enter into our app.  The only users that have issue with this are our users with a T-Mobile account.

One of our users called T-Mobile and they had to white label the short code for her to get it to work.  However, this only white labelled it for her account, not for anyone else.

I do not know if other short codes work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for clarifying. Customer's have to opt-in for messages like that. There's no way to mass whitelist for everyone number on our end. We'll need folks who'd like to get these messages to contact us if they have this issue after normal troubleshooting.