Grandfathered plan changes

• 11 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse after the autopay fiasco now Tmobile is going to force customers off their grandfathered plans.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/t-mobile-is-forcibly-moving-those-on-older-plans-to-some-of-its-newer-ones-in-november/

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

At least there will be a way to opt out of this b/s.  I shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to stay on the plan I signed up for.  I get the business side of it but Mike Seivert is going too far and I hope that this comes back to haunt him when customers start looking else where for service.  Yeah, the other carriers aren’t any better in their own ways but I will be looking at offerings from MVNO’s that don’t seem proactively driven by maximum profit by trying to tell me a whole bunch of trash I don’t want as perks, like Netflix.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I’ll wait to see what they offer me, but I don’t like what I read.  Oddly, some customers will be switched TO Magenta and some customers will be switched FROM Magenta.  Looks like a s-show to me.

I also don’t want Netflix in my plan.  I have it separately which works better for my situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’ll wait to see what they offer me, but I don’t like what I read.  Oddly, some customers will be switched TO Magenta and some customers will be switched FROM Magenta.  Looks like a s-show to me.

I also don’t want Netflix in my plan.  I have it separately which works better for my situation.

I am currently on Magenta with the third line free.  A move to Go5G would not just be a price increase, but that third line free isn't offered on Magenta any longer.  That added into the increase as well would push me away to another carrier. 

I got rid of my 4k Netflix plan once they got ridiculous with password sharing.  Paying for 4k and 4 screens but being told I can only use it at home was going too far.  I travel a lot and had my Netflix signed in at the girlfriend's place and at my Grandparent's.  I refuse to pay more because the company decided to get greedy so it cost them a paying customer of over a decade.

what is this bs ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile backtracked off this decision because of the blowback they were receiving.

At least there will be a way to opt out of this b/s.  I shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to stay on the plan I signed up for.  I get the business side of it but Mike Seivert is going too far and I hope that this comes back to haunt him when customers start looking else where for service.  Yeah, the other carriers aren’t any better in their own ways but I will be looking at offerings from MVNO’s that don’t seem proactively driven by maximum profit by trying to tell me a whole bunch of trash I don’t want as perks, like Netflix.

So... is there a way to stay with T mobile and opt out of Netflix? I'll take the extra $7/mo over Netflix tbh. 

... or am I paying for Netflix even if I don't want it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

So... is there a way to stay with T mobile and opt out of Netflix? I'll take the extra $7/mo over Netflix tbh. 

... or am I paying for Netflix even if I don't want it?

It's included, whether you use it or not.