Solved

Help getting iPhone SE upgrade promo

• 1 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello Everyone, I received an email offer from T-Mobile on 1-19 for a free upgrade to iPhone SE on one of my lines that has a retired iPhone 5 currently on it.

I went to 5 different stores yesterday and no one can figure out how to apply the promo.

Has anyone had any success on the same promo? No one seems to know what promo code to apply and the email doesn’t mention any specific promo code. Just that the offer is only available for the one line that has the iPhone 5 attached to it and that its only good for in store.

Here’s the fine print: Limited-time offer; subject to change. Only available on iPhone SE 64GB model, while supplies last. Only available in-store. May not be combinable with some offers or discounts. Some uses may require additional plan or feature. Coverage not available in some areas. See Terms & Conditions (including arbitration agreement) at T‑Mobile.com

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 27 February 2023, 19:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

youre sure it isnt a online only promo? when you click “visit us” what pops up?

Badge

No, it’s not an online only promo. When you click on visit us, it opens up T-Mobile map of store locations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

interesting. the stores that you did visit..were they TMO stores or 3rd party owned TMO stores? and not to sure on this one..thats my only guess really ..you can try contacting TMO through one of their social media platforms (fb or Twitter) and see if they know whats going on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This is a real promotion, and it is in store only. This is not something they see everyday, so patience, persistence, and kindness will go a long way in helping you get what you need. 

If you receive this email and go to the store just to be told that they don’t know what you are talking about, please don’t give up. It is best to ask them to look up information about the “$0 Swap Transaction via Retail for select UMTS iPhone customers” « Those words exactly should lead them right to what they need. They should be able to do everything right then and there, but if they don’t have the iPhone SE in stock, they may need to order it for you. 

Sorry I am a bit late posting this answer, but I hope it helps others that run into this in the future.