Solved

How can I dispute a T-Mobile collection account if they can’t find any outstanding balance account?

• 12 December 2018
  • 6 replies

T-Mobile sent me to collections, I got off the phone with a representative and they can’t find any account with a outstanding balance. How can I dispute it?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 14 December 2018, 16:36

View original

6 replies

Become familiar with the Fair Credit Billing Act and use it. In cases like this, talking on the phone is pointless. Do everything by business letter. Be aware that in many jurisdictions T-Mobile's required arbitration clause is unenforceable and they can be taken to your local small claims court. Many lawyers will give you some basic advice for free.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This is super strange but there's gotta be an explanation for this. I say you should give our T-Force folks another shot at this. You can reach them by using the Facebook or Twitter links on our Community-2153​ page. They are super helpful and can shed some light on this.

T mobile is calling us regarding the device I phone 11 which we have already returned the same. This device was new and sent back to them through UPS. We have the proof along with tracking number, now t mobile is asking us to pay them $ 956.14 out of which $ 648.87 is the cost of device which we don’t even have. We have been T mobile customer more than 13 years, never been past due, they are treating us now that we have done offense. Their representative always give us different information.

It all started in September 2021 and till today they are unable to locate the device and settle the matter.

The situation is frustrating now and when ever we call them it takes two to four hours to explain everything again and again with out resolving the problem 

Hi. It’s crazy to see your post because this same exact thing is happening to me. I ordered a phone and had to send it back, T-Mobile sent me a ups return label. I sent the phone through ups. Ups said they delivered but T-Mobile are saying they don’t have it. It’s been going on since February 2022 and still not resolved. I’ve been with T-Mobile for more than 15 years. And I’m being told I have to pay for a phone I don’t have. That they advised to send through UPS. Did you ever get your situation resolved?

we are disputing the back balance of 778.96. in February 2022 we paid the balance of over 700.00 at this time we asked repeatedly if we owed anything more on the bill and we were told we had a zero balance imagine our surprise and our anger when 2-3 months later we were again told we owed the 778.96 where did you dig up this bill  .when we offered an arrangement of 50.00 to 100.00 the associate told us about the hard ship program and told us we would qualify at the end of the month that came and we inquired about the program monthly only that we Did’nt qualify due to not being 60 days past due all during this time that we disputed owing this back balance so at this time we feel this back balance be forgiven since we we did make a good faith offer to pay down this back balance that we believe we owe just to make you at T-mobile happy actully in pa the bill is considered paid in full thanks sincerely bernard cohen and patricia becker

Hi this is also happening to me now! I don’t know what to do! I feel bullied and forced to pay for a device I already returned and have proof of return. I can’t get through by phone for help because they demand payment. Chat has been a relief at first but reps tell you that the dispute has been reversed or that you will receive an email in 3-5 days but nothing! No resolution or contact. Then you reach out again and are repeating the same story over and over. Is this some kind of scam? I can’t believe Tmobile is like this and doing this to people. It’s so clear when you return a device new you get a refund not charged again and then some. Please help me someone I dont know what to do! I’m so stressed and frustrated and worried. How to fix this situation and put my account back to normal billing!