Question

How do I block scam numbers coming from area code 678

• 4 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

My phone number uses area code 678, where I lived previously, but haven’t for several years. I do not have any legitimate incoming calls from the 678 area code.

I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE MY PHONE NUMBER!!!

Almost all of the scam calls I receive originate from area code 678. I wish to block all incoming calls from area code 678.

I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE MY PHONE NUMBER!!!

PLEASE BLOCK ALL INCOMING CALLS FROM AREA CODE 678!!!

IF T-MOBILE IS NOT ABLE TO DO THIS, I WILL FIND A DIFFERENT CARRIER THAT WILL!!!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Blocking calls is done from your device.  You can block specific numbers from your dialer app on your device.  There is no way to block all calls from a specific area code on your device or at the carrier level, regardless of the carrier you choose.  

Blocking calls is done from your device.  You can block specific numbers from your dialer app on your device.  There is no way to block all calls from a specific area code on your device or at the carrier level, regardless of the carrier you choose.  

Actually, I hate to say it...but I have not found a way to do this since switching to T-Mobile a couple weeks ago...but when I was a Verizon customer, their Verizon Call Filter app was $2.99 a month and had the customization and ability to block as many entire area codes as you wanted.

I really miss it and found T-Mobile's spam filter app to be badly lacking when it comes to giving it's users full control and customization of what they want to block/whitelist.

But on the other hand, I'm really glad I have better service in the city I live in now.  Too many dead spots with Verizon for me.

This is a HUGE hole in T-mobile services.  I’m thinking of going back to Verizon.  I can’t block all Washington DC calls, area code 202.  Those are usually political calls asking for money