Question

how to access free mlb.tv

Badge

I redeemed the free mlb.tv offer, but don’t know how to access it. I already had an existing mlb.tv account but don’t know how to link the 2. When I try and start over, it says I have already redeemed the offer. Any ideas? Opening day today and I am left out.

22 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I redeemed the free mlb.tv offer, but don’t know how to access it. I already had an existing mlb.tv account but don’t know how to link the 2. When I try and start over, it says I have already redeemed the offer. Any ideas? Opening day today and I am left out.

Log out of mlb.tv and then log in using your T-Mobile account e-mail address and password.

I don’t think you can link an existing mlb.tv account.

Badge

Thanks for the advice, sounded like a great idea but didn’t work.  I don’t use my e-mail address to log in to t-mobile, I use my phone #. Not sure if that has anything to do with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I had to change my password to get the offer. If I remember correctly when I went to redeem the offer it took me to the sign in page and it didn't recognize my old password. I changed the password and the free subscription loaded.

Badge

Thanks for the tip gramps but it still didn’t work. I was on the phone with tmobile customer service last week for a hour and they could not fix it. They opened a tech ticket and told me to expect a response in 24 hours. That was 4 days ago, still waiting ….

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks for the advice, sounded like a great idea but didn’t work.  I don’t use my e-mail address to log in to t-mobile, I use my phone #. Not sure if that has anything to do with.

Even if you don’t use the e-mail address you have on file with T-Mobile to login, that T-Mobile e-mail address must be used to login to MLB.TV.

MLB.TV requires an e-mail address to login.   And the address must be the same address as you have on file at T-Mobile.    You cannot link any other e-mail address to your MLB.TV free subscription.

Badge

just checked, it is the same, but still can’t get the free mlb.tv. when I log in, it even says my account is linked to a tmobile account, but when I try and watch a game, it asks me for my credit card.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

just checked, it is the same, but still can’t get the free mlb.tv. when I log in, it even says my account is linked to a tmobile account, but when I try and watch a game, it asks me for my credit card.

In the MLB.TV App, I select the blue Account Settings icon in the upper left part of the screen.  At the bottom of the page is “About the MLB app”.  I select it and it reports the version of the App.

Application Verion 16.1.1

Check if you have an older version of the MLB.TV App.

This is the iOS App version.  I have no idea if the Android App has a different version number.

Badge

Thanks, mine is an android, ver 13, and I updated it during this problem, but to no avail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for trying all the options that are being suggested. Odd that you the Tuesday offer is not linked to your MLB account. Try this: 

1. Open the MLB app and log in as normal
  2. Select the three lines in the top right of the screen
  3. Scroll down and select Restore Account
  4. Select Restore

Let us know how this goes.

Badge

Thanks Heaven, tried restore account, but yet again, no luck. T-Mobile customer service opened up a ticket 7 days ago, still no response, very annoying. I have missed a whole week of baseball.

Try going to the MLB app in settings. Go to storage. Delete cache. Seemed to work for me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks Heaven, tried restore account, but yet again, no luck. T-Mobile customer service opened up a ticket 7 days ago, still no response, very annoying. I have missed a whole week of baseball.

Oh man! At this point, you may want to call back about the ticket that was submitted for you. 

Badge

Thanks all, still no luck with any of the suggestions but I appreciate it. T-Mobile support has been no help either.

I’m in the same boat. I redeemed offer (got the confirmation and everything) but it never activated on my MLB account. I use the same email for T-Mobile and MLB account.

Opened a trouble ticket and received a voicemail that said I was past the redemption date and there was nothing that could be done. Nevermind the fact the redemption was redeemed the day it came out (03/28).

Finally went to Twitter to complain and got in touch with a T-mobile Help rep. They asked for a few days to review the issue. Expecting a response on Monday. It’s been VERY frustrating!

Badge

I hope you get a response. I have been on the phone twice with CS and they promise to get back to me and never do. At this point, I would save money/time by buying my own mlb subscription for 149. Complete joke.

Badge

T-Mobile customer service is an absolute joke. I have now spent almost 3 hours on the phone and in chat with 3 different reps and they have done absolutely nothing. The last rep kept apologizing and saying they will look into why no one ever follows up and he told me 20 times he is going to take ownership and fix my problem.  He will personally call me back in 24 hours with a resolution.  And, as expected, he disappeared just like the first 2 reps.  Total frigging joke.

Ditto, signed up for the promotion before it expired and when I use my TMobile acct and password the MLBTV website says I have no subscription.  Deleted cache, restored acct and nothing helped. TMobile phone rep said sorry, promotion is over you can’t sign up now. He could not comprehend we already signed up over a month ago!!!  Two tickets opened and only one call back that was worthless.  If anyone finds a fix please let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Ahhh.  Glad I am not the only one then.  It’s definitely disappointing.  I just didn’t care because from what I have read, apparently this year only works on the mobile app and not TV box apps, like on the nVidia Shield or on my Android TV’s.  I don’t watch baseball on mobile.  

Badge

After several terrible experiences with TM customer service, they finally gave up and issued me a credit to  my bill of $149. That is the cost of the mlb.tv subscription. So, I bought it myself, after much aggravation, but finally done.

Same here - trying to login as instructed and not working. Glad to see I shouldn’t waste any more time on this.  T-mobile Tuesdays are just a big fat lie to make sales.  Boo.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Ahhh.  Glad I am not the only one then.  It’s definitely disappointing.  I just didn’t care because from what I have read, apparently this year only works on the mobile app and not TV box apps, like on the nVidia Shield or on my Android TV’s.  I don’t watch baseball on mobile.  

Works for me with both Chromecast with Google TV and Apple TV 4K.

How come the chick needs to explain this? 🤷‍♀️. You launch via your mobile then CAST it to your smart TV lol.