Solved

How to delete verified business call notificaion

• 2 October 2023
  • 52 replies

Show first post

52 replies

T-Mobile tech support here and T-Mobile user. This is a known issue related to android device. On the actual notification if you expand it to where you can read it fully it gives you an option to go to settings and an option to click GOT IT . if you click the GOT IT button it will clear the notification. After you click it you will be taken to the settings to set it up but the actual notification should clear just acknowledge the notification but clicking got it. 

This worked for me on Samsung s23 ultra. It showed up when I up when I upgraded to ver.14.

I pulled down from the top and selected the other option. I restarted the phone and clicked the GOT IT button. It went away. I also tried the user @dbdragon08 youtube fix as well. Problem solved for me.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

This proves tmobile tech support is useless and haven't any clue what is really going on. 

Funny though

This is a known issue that you haven't yet figured out.

I did what worked for me and no more notifications

Your instructions everyone here has already done. 

This proves tmobile tech support is useless and haven't any clue what is really going on. 

Funny though

This is a known issue that you haven't yet figured out.

I did what worked for me and no more notifications

Your instructions everyone here has already done. 

Well the user said this work for her so must have some truth to it and I’ve walked customers through these steps and it’s has worked for them. Now has it worked for everyone no but most yes. Also, just because your aware of an issue doesn’t necessarily mean you have a fix for this issue for example global warming or the multiple versions of software updates all phone manufacturers send out. From my experience also I have only seen Samsung users having this issue after updating their phone software. But thank you for your feedback .

Has anyone been able to get rid of the notification when you are using Secure Folder?

I'm worried the only solution is to disable secure folder, or factory reset to clear the verified business call notification before enabling secure folder. 

Here are screenshots showing the problem, how the notification is bugged and incorrect if you happen to use secure folder. The message "Content hidden" is shown when you expand the notification while already signed in to secure folder. 

If you don't sign in to secure folder, the expand toggle is suppressed so you can't see the drop down expand contents of the notification unless you log in to secure folder:

Here is the only thing you can see when interacting with the notification, for enriched calling and toggling the verified business call. But nothing stops the notification every time you reboot. 

Quick video of how to enable dismissal

I use secure folder and this worked for me.

Userlevel 1

I installed the secure folder just for you and the notifications came back. You have to Uninstall secured folder in order this to work. And it's not just simple to get to Uninstall this. But you can find instructions somewhere. Most didn't work for me I had to figure it out. I can't remember the exact process except in settings going to privacy and security then look for secured folder. You will find it under the heading of something else but still u can see it select it and find it one more time should be at top then click that then Uninstall. Apparently this notification is attached to this secured folder. But perhaps you can find another secure folder of some sort in the apps store.

Left swipe the notification.

Everyone,

I think I may have inadvertently fixed(Stopped) the notification. Inadvertently because I am NOT a Techi Guy at all. Went into my consolidated T-Mobile Apps location where all the T-Moble Play, T-Moblie, Visual Voice.etc…. is located.

-  Click on the T-Moblie Scam Shield App

-  Click on the “Settings” Wheel, lower Right Corner

-  Click on Verified Business Calls

-  Unselect the Verified Business Calls, It wasn’t working anyway…

I hope this helps

TB

Quick video of how to enable dismissal

I use secure folder and this worked for me.

Aha, thanks! Yes this allows you to see the contents of the notification while logged into Samsung’s Secure Folder system. I guess once you view the contents of the notification, that satisfies the T-mobile gods who will then allow you to dismiss the notification for good.

To clarify the solution shown in the video: you log into Secure Folder, select the three dots for the Secure Folder menu, then go into the settings for Secure Folder. Choose the settings option for “Notifications” and turn off the toggle switch for the notification option “Hide Content”. You can leave the other toggle switch turned on for “Hide Content when Secure Folder is locked.”

Once you do this, the problematic T-mobile notification inside Secure Folder will allow you to expand the notification once you are logged into Secure Folder. When you expand the notification, you will see the contents. Oddly, the contents of the T-mobile notification will *NOT* have a “Got it” confirmation option or the link to adust settings for enriched calling or the verified business call. Instead, the notification is informational only. But, as long as you expand the notification and see its information, that will enable the ability to dismiss the notification and not see it again.

In summary, if you don’t use Secure Folder:

The solution is easy: just make sure you press the little toggle arrow within the t-mobile enriched calling notification to expand the notification while still in the notification bar. The little arrow looks like this character: ^ and points up or down whether you are expanding the notification. This is counter-intuitive because the arrow is kind of hard to notice, and it’s more intuitive to just click on the notification itself, to open the notification. But opening the notification is wrong - that will just take you to the settings page for adjusting the verified business call option. You won’t want that. Instead, you just want to expand the notification by clicking the little ^ symbol, then see the expanded notification, then click the “Got It” button within the notification itself. Then you can swipe away the notification, and it won’t come back next reboot.

In summary, if you use Secure Folder:

You will get a special notification with the little blue secure folder icon. The contents will be hidden and you are unable to expand the notification, regardless of whether you are logged into Secure Folder or not. However, you must sign in to the Secure Folder app. Once signed in, you will need to go to the settings for Secure Folder. Go to the Notification settings and turn off the toggle switch for Hide Contents. Then, while logged into Secure Folder, you can expand the notification to see what it says, and swipe it away, and it won’t come back next reboot.

Everyone,

I think I may have inadvertently fixed(Stopped) the notification. Inadvertently because I am NOT a Techi Guy at all. Went into my consolidated T-Mobile Apps location where all the T-Moble Play, T-Moblie, Visual Voice.etc…. is located.

-  Click on the “Settings” Wheel, lower Right Corner

-  Click on Verified Business Calls

-  Unselect the Verified Business Calls, It wasn’t working anyway…

I hope this helps

TB

No mistake to it this option is a fix as well, this will completely turn off the verified business calls not just the notifications though. It can be located within the scam. Shield app, the tmo visual voicemail app, or within the phone setting. I would check all because the they all could have it toggled on and if you miss one it’s technically still turned on.

attached links for all ways

VVM APP : https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/t-mobile-visual-voicemail-app#:~:text=Verified%20Business%20Calls%20%2F%20Enhanced%20Caller%20Information,-Verified%20Business%20Calls&text=To%20turn%20this%20feature%20on,turn%20it%20on%20or%20off.

scam shield app : COULDNT GET LINK BUT POSTING STEPS

Verified business calls (VBC)

Formerly Enhanced Caller Information, this Android-only feature lets you know what company is calling and why. Company name will be listed, their brand logo as a contact image, and the reason for the call.

To turn this feature on or off: 

1. In the Scam Shield app on an Android device, choose Settings Verified Business Calls
  2. Select the toggle to turn it on or off.  
    • If prompted to enable contact permissions, select Go to Settings and enable the permissions.  
    • If turning off VBC, you'll also need to turn off the Visual Voicemail app if you use that.

phone settings: these were previously said within this thread. Phone app settings > Enriched calling and disabling Verified Business Calls.

1. In the Scam Shield app on an Android device, choose Settings Verified Business Calls
  2. Select the toggle to turn it on or off.  
    • If prompted to enable contact permissions, select Go to Settings and enable the permissions.  
    • If turning off VBC, you'll also need to turn off the Visual Voicemail app if you use that.

phone settings: these were previously said within this thread. Phone app settings > Enriched calling and disabling Verified Business Calls.

My Samsung S21 Ultra on T-Mobile does *NOT* have a T-Mobile Scam Shield App. Where did it come from? It’s not found in my disabled apps list either.

Even if you go to Phone app settings > Enriched calling and disable Verified Business Calls, that is separate from the notification. You would still need to deal with the notification independently of the phone app setting. The trick is to click the drop down toggle arrow within the notification itself, which reveals additional info and provides interactive buttons within the notification itself (without clicking the notification to open the corresponding settings).

This way of clearing the notification is counter-intuitive and I wish T-mobile would not use this kind of approach that makes the notification come back each reboot until you figure out non-intuitive techniques for interacting with the notification. It’s far worse too, if you also have Secure Folder turned on.

This Verified Business Call Notification

was very bothersome. 

I was on the phone with tmobile tech support for days

Nobody could help me

But I figured it out without any help from Google or  tech support 

I made a video to explain how I got rid of this irritation 

Check it out let me know this helped you

Galaxy s23 ultra here

If you have a secure folder you have to do it in there also.  From the main secure folder homescreen you hit the 3 dots on the top right, go to settings and then you go to settings and follow your directions from there.  Then restart your phone. That might be why it keeps showing up.

I tried all the other steps mentioned above prior to the secure folder info and nothing.  Once I completed the secure folder steps, the notification stopped!  Thank you!! 

Just to clarify for those wondering why I don't want the notification is because it came up on ALL calls including those I made...

So it appears the choices are 1) swipe left (every time the service works?!); 2) figure out what the heck the secured folder thing is (not gonna do it); or C) turn the service off?

I want t-mobile to make my customer experience better, tell me once, then shut up about it. Given that doesn’t seem to be one of the options, its choice 3 for me…..   

Hey everyone:) Happy Holidays! I feel you alls pain as this irritated the HECK out of me after I just updated my Android phone. But I believe I fixed or found a simple way to finally get rid of the notification icon…

Pull down the notification screen from the top of the phone.

Then press it with your thumb/finger (not too long for the notification options to come up.)

Then SWIPE LEFT and the notification plus the annoying notification icon should disappear!

Let me know if it works for you! :)

Badge

New to T-Mobile and thinking I made a bad error … I haven’t spent this much time on hold/customer support in decades!

This is not acceptable and after spending 4+ hours on 2 calls with Customer Service for other issues, I don’t have it in my tank to tackle this one!  I still have unresolved issues with promised ‘Rebates’.  This is ridiculous; I can’t believe I was so stupid to switch carriers. 

Don’t get me started on a lack of a ‘Chat’ function!!

I tried everything and it was really simple just swipe left and it went away

This notification appeared several days after an update. But I am unable to “expand it” Is there another solution?

Can;t swipe left. Nothing happens!!!

Phone update and it restored the issue. I just uninstalled the Secure Folder and that seems to stopped it. Stuff like this makes me want to leave T-MOBILE.  Their solution from online tech support and a store is to get an IPhone. My work doesn't use IPhones for a specific reason so T-MOBILE wants to lose an account with 300 phones. Not very bright people working there.

Badge

It took a couple if hours hunting for a solution.  I have the Galaxy S21 FE SG and just got a system update.  The notification appeared, and when I pulled it down the description only offered “On” or “Off” in the window.  After trying everything else, I held my finger on the window for a few seconds.  The details popped up and “Force Stop” worked.

I'm having same problem......I turn it off and still keeps popping up

This Verified Business Call Notification

was very bothersome. 

I was on the phone with tmobile tech support for days

Nobody could help me

But I figured it out without any help from Google or  tech support 

I made a video to explain how I got rid of this irritation 

Check it out let me know this helped you

Galaxy s23 ultra here

Yeah.. I found your video even before seeing this thread. It doesn't work. 

The “5olution” did not work on my Samsung 52  NOT SOLVED

Settings - Apps - T-Mobile - Notifications - Silent 

Userlevel 2

My phone has a permanent notification re Verified Business Calls that cannot be removed.  How do I remove it?

Why would I want 100’s of random business calls offering me a discount on a washing machine or some else just because they have paid T-Mobile an advertising fee. Only mentally challenged people who watch the shopping channels all day long would be interested.  99%+ of the people despise random marketing calls. 

I just downloaded a notification blocker app and blocked that notification. It worked like a charm and I never saw the notification since!

Hello, Could you please tell me which Notification Blocker app worked? I’m trying different ones. Even with “Got It” the notification STILL returns. Thanks so much.