Question

How to find support chat transcript (they lied to me)

• 23 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Two days ago I had a support chat (desktop, not mobile) with a rep who supposedly helped me by waiving a requirement for a promotion. She told me everything was set and that within 48 hours I’d receive an email confirming that I could sign up for the promotion but with the requirement waived.

Predictably, 48 hours has now gone by and I’ve received no email. I called support this time and they claim they have no record of the chat and that they don’t have access to chat transcripts even if they did occur (I find this patently absurd). They won’t honor what the chat rep promised me, but unfortunately I didn’t save a transcript of the chat.

Now, the chat widget isn’t showing on their desktop site (it seems to come and go based on mysterious rules). Does anyone know if it is possible to access support chat transcripts, and if so, where on their site? I can’t find anything.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Chat transcripts need to be saved once the chat is finished.

Badge

thanks, but that’s not particularly helpful. surely support has a way of providing them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Everytime I used chat they ask if I want to save a transcript and stated they don't save them but since this basically a user to user forum with some TMobile support that doesn't have account access so I suggest you contact TMobile support using messenger on one of their social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter.

See my opinions post, Respectfully Silverblue58vette Have a wonderful day! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

See my opinions post, Respectfully Silverblue58vette Have a wonderful day! 

if you want someone to see your post it tends to help if you add a link to said post.

Thanks, I'm not too computeriffic, but learn through help and can do anything I try, but you have to learn and exert! Appreciate your Patience and Indulgence Respectfully Silverblue58vette,  And "Yes", I have an original 2 top 283/270 2x4,4spd 58 done year by year by us, 44years Not Rich, just Careful although my wonderful wife of 44 years has other synonyms! Thanks for your assistance! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Even if you had the chat transcript, it is more than likely that T-Mobile would not be able to honor what the rep told you anyway.  Those requirements are there for a reason.  Usually only someone in the executive office can make exceptions. so the rep apparently promised you something they couldn’t do.  Next time, save the chat transcripts even though that more than likely wouldn’t make a difference if you had them anyway.