Solved

How To Opt Out Of The T-Mobile Forced Plan Migrations?

• 13 October 2023
  • 22 replies

Badge

What can we do about:

Customers on specific legacy plans are set to be migrated. Below is a chart detailing which plans are affected and what plan those customers will be moved to.

Current Plan         Plan After Migration
Simple Choice / Select Choice Either Essentials Select or Magenta
Magenta Go5G
Magenta 55+ Go5G 55+
ONE Go5G
Simple Choice Business

Business Unlimited Advanced

icon

Best answer by BobT 18 October 2023, 17:10

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to contact tmobile support when you get notified of the change. The agent will add a note in your account not to change it.

When I call them, they better not change it!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

All of the reports I have seen do not mention forced migration of Magenta Max and Magenta Max 55+ plans.   I hope that is the case and I don’t get migrated.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

See https://tmo.report/2023/10/heres-how-to-opt-out-of-the-t-mobile-forced-plan-migrations/

It provides instructions as well as how to check if the reqquest was successful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@sluming1958 this is simply a customer-to-customer community; you need to contact T-Mobile support using one of the options described in the link I posted above.

Thanks I realized this was forum but couldn’t delete the message!

I do I opt out??

Badge

Is one plus promo affected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is one plus promo affected?

All One plans will be changed unless you call

I would like to opt-out of the forced Tmobile migration plans. I have been a customer since 2014 and I would like to keep the plan that I have (Magenta). I am on hold more than 1.5 hours now and no customer care representative !! @Tmobile - Please help

Vinith Sridhar

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I would like to opt-out of the forced Tmobile migration plans. I have been a customer since 2014 and I would like to keep the plan that I have (Magenta). I am on hold more than 1.5 hours now and no customer care representative !! @Tmobile - Please help

Vinith Sridhar

You can't opt out on this forum since the Tmobile moderators don't have account access.

Contacting them is a joke.   I’ve tried repeatedly and hung up after being on hold for 15 minutes or longer each time.  My wife and I are on the Magenta 55 plan, I’m happy with it, don’t want any new features, and DO NOT WANT TO PAY ANY MORE $.  Their site is no help.

I appreciate they are bombarded with calls...and they’re trying to generate more revenue from their customer base….BUT, my wife and I are retired, on fixed incomes, and simply don’t need the’new stuff’.

I’m already on autopay with them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Give the initial rush to subside and try back in a week or so. There's plenty of time to opt out.

So, we don’t have to opt out before tomorrow 10/17/23? Been on hold for an hour so far.

Just got through to opt out. John was very pleasant, he reported 9000 calls coming in and one call center is down. 

Badge

Hi Everyone, we have tried to research on these recent changes and shred here, hope it can help out to understand the opt out guide.

what is the point of this migration? sounds like a lawsuit to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what is the point of this migration? sounds like a lawsuit to me.

so no clue what the point of the migration is so auto lawsuit? Merica

@fireguy_6364 hmmm read your contract and migration is not something people has agreed on to begin with. anyway moving on...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@fireguy_6364 hmmm read your contract and migration is not something people has agreed on to begin with. anyway moving on...

Actually Tmobile can except for the price lock plans according to the contract most people signed without reading.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/terms-and-conditions

anyone ever get the email about the migration yesterday? I didn’t.

I tried to use chat in the app to opt out on Sunday.  After 3 hours it disconnected me.

So much for being an “uncarrier”….

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Calm down, folks. Unless you get an email or text from T-Mobile about forced migration, don’t flood the support channels just yet. Your just hobbling those who may have real support issues. This is for the most part all speculation based on some leaked internal documents, but TMO could provide some clarification as this spirals.

P.S. Here’s an update from the primary leaker…

https://tmo.report/2023/10/t-mobile-says-just-1-of-customers-will-be-impacted-by-forced-migration/

“We still highly recommend you do not contact T-Mobile to opt out unless you receive a notification of a pending plan change.