Question

I can't update software

• 7 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I keep receiving messages about a software update for my phone and to select update to begin. There is no update option. This phone has no internet connection. It's an Alcatel go flip 4

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no net period or is the net turned off?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Not even on wifi?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

it has 4G LTE and VoLTE capabilities..just looked up the specs for it..it also has wifi abilities..

Badge

Thank you for the replies. I’ve dealt with the issue with the help of the chat with an expert feature. Thanks again!.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thank you for the replies. I’ve dealt with the issue with the help of the chat with an expert feature. Thanks again!.

So what was the issue? I ask so that others who might encounter this issue will have some idea how to address it 

Badge

After comparing the version installed with the version of the update, I was told  the phone didn't need to be updated and I should ignore the messages - although I was given a link to instructions on how to update the software manually if I wanted. I'm still getting daily texts - everyday at precisely 2:05 P.M. - so I guess the issue hasn't been resolved after all. Very strange. I may update the firmware manually and see if that resolves it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if its kicking a notification to you then its for that phone. i would go ahead and do it. usually it’ll contain things that update the security of the device and or makes adjustments to how it handles the network etc.