Question

I have a GATE OPENER, had for 5 years, now T M wont activate a sim

• 22 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have a RTU 5024 gate opener that has worked with T mobile for 5 years and they deactivated the sim and now cannot get anyone at tmobile smart enough to understand how to make it activated again to receive a text and function.

Everyone thinks I need a PHONE device

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If a SIM has been deactivated, you need a new SIM that is activated to go into the device.  The device that SIM goes in does not require activation.

Badge

I actually got a new sim yesterday and it still does no show active

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I actually got a new sim yesterday and it still does no show active

Is the SIM activated for whatever service the gate opener needs?  If the gate opener isn't compatible with VoLTE or 4G or newer data services, it might not work.  Is there some sort of setup app for the device to make sure the APN Settings for it, if it uses data, are correct?

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings

Badge

It is compatible as it is 4g. All we did was 

1. let the pay per month plan expire, 
  2.  refilled the plan
  3. unit would not work
  4. tM store gave us a new sim to put in it
  5. agent has been trying get active (finally got a guy to see it “oh it needs to be activated”) 
  6. Has activated but showing text are blocked.(did get text from t mobil right off the bat on a phone so it is activated .
  7. need to figure out how to turn off message blocks….
Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If it uses an e-mail to text service.  That is why it would be blocked.  The company would have to submit a request to T-Mobile that their texts are not spam and ask that they are not blocked.

Badge

Nah, just uses normal text. TM has issues on their end, taking too long to fix but they see it as an issue on their end. I put the sim in an old iphone and it recievd text from TM but not anyone else nor could it send...Rep says he willhave it fixed in twohours or so…. it has been a pain