I Just Want Out

Badge

Wife and I switched from Verizon in January. Somewhat better local signal, slightly lower price for service, and promise of two free iPhone 15’s. When I got the first bill, we were being charged for the phones. I called and was assured it takes a month for the credits to be applied. Next month, still billed for the phones, no credit. Another call, “Oh your plan doesn’t qualify for that promotion.  We can put you in the qualifying plan for another $20 per month. The credit will show up on your next bill”.  Another month, another charge for the phones, still no credit. Multiple calls, multiple promises, never any follow through. At this point I have made monthly payments for two phones for three months. I paid the April  bill for the service, and withheld the fee for the two phones. I received a late notice threatening suspension and fees. I called once again and explained why I withheld the payment. I was told “oh you were enrolled in the wrong promotion, I can fix that”. I was then told that the credit would appear on my next bill, and that it would be retroactive to cover the payments I’d already made. I said fine, once I see the credit posted, I’ll pay the April fee for the phones. I was told not to do that or the account would be suspended. I said fine, I’ll be switching to a different carrier. I was told that if I did that the account would be charged the full amount of the phones and go into collections. I asked for a text or email spelling out specifically what was being promised if I stayed with t-mobile. I was told they couldn’t do that. Really? So my only options are 1) accept that I was  given false promises by t-mobile and pay for the phones, or 2) walk away and have the account go to collections. 
I am truly sorry I switched.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!