Question

I'm being charged for International calls yet have a data pass?

• 25 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

My wife went on a cruise and I purchased a 10 day 5 Gb data pass for her phone. On the second day of the cruise, I received a text message that she had incurred $113 in charges for international calls. The data pass went into force the day before she left on the 7-day cruise to the Caribbean.

I have spoken to 3 T-Mobile representatives who do not seem to understand the data pass and I have not gotten a clear answer to why we are being charged for international calling if there is a data pass in place. 

Is there a way to contact T-Mobile to get this resolved as the three people I’ve spoken with don’t seem to understand the issue. I’ve asked for a supervisor but they are “always on the phone” and will call me back but never do!

I’ve been a T-Mobile customer for close to 15 years along with my entire family. This is the first time I’ve not been able to contact someone who seems to be familiar with the data pass. I would send an email but T-Mobile’s website only lists a mailing address? Apparently, T-Mobile doesn’t use email????

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you are making said calls while on the cruise then you are paying for the ability to use the ships system.

youre getting charged out the rear using their on ship system.

you can try contacting TMO via Facebook or Twitter as well..

Badge

The charges are coming from T-Mobile and not Carnival.

I’ll try FaceBook to see if I can get some type of response. Thanks for the suggestion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Carnival charges TMobile I believe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile is not terribly clear about the wheres and whens of “unlimited calling”

Yep, same thing with me.  I was in Vietnam and Thailand with data pass, but it did not work, not slow, no data.  I was screwed not being able to pull up my boarding pass, vaccine card, directions, translator…..they still charged me.  I complained 4 times while there. no resolve.  I wish I never signed up for this lame company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yep, same thing with me.  I was in Vietnam and Thailand with data pass, but it did not work, not slow, no data.  I was screwed not being able to pull up my boarding pass, vaccine card, directions, translator…..they still charged me.  I complained 4 times while there. no resolve.  I wish I never signed up for this lame company.

Depending on when this was, Vietnam might have been excluded from the list of “210+ countries” where it works.