Solved

I upgraded the wrong line, I'm not sure what to do

• 10 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I upgraded the wrong phone line and I am not sure if there is anything I can do to fix this. I meant to upgrade a new phone for my youngest daughter but accidentally upgraded another phone line.  Is there any way to add my daughters phone number to this new phone.  The phone purchased is the new iphone 14 pro max and I believe it does not come with a sims card. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 10 December 2022, 20:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

People swap SIM cards between lines frequently to take advantage of upgrade promotions. The lines are tied to the SIM and not the phone. Since you have an eSIM, I would contact TMO support at 611 and ask them how this is done. If the other phone you want to swap is also an iPhone, you can probably get better support from Apple directly on how to swap SIMs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can convert her physical SIM to an ESIM through your my.t-mobile.com account.  A store could also help you get that done.

Badge

Thank you Cali Cat and syaoran. I truly appreciate your help so much.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I recently upgraded my wife's line recently and for some reason the EIP attached to my line but once she put the sim into her phone it showed on her account but the EIP stayed on my line.