Solved

If I switch from Magenta to Magenta plus will I lose free lines

• 29 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone,

We currently have ten lines, an iPad, and a hotspot with T-Mobile. All the lines are on the Magenta Plan (except the hotspot, of course). We were fortunate that we switched from AT&T to T-Mobile during the holidays, so not only did we get the 3rd line on us promotion, but we also snagged a Magenta Friday free line. So every month we receive the $40 autopay discount and then two $30 free line discounts. ($100 total) I have been considering switching to the Magenta Plus for many various reasons based on the way our family uses our phones. My only concern is that I will lose my free lines. $60 per mo. is a big chunk to lose. I wans't sure where to find the "fine print" for these deals. Thanks in advance for your help.

Unrelated to the question, we have been thrilled with T-Mobile since we switched. AT&T was good, but we're paying as much for ten lines and two devices with T-Mobile as we were for seven lines with AT&T. Our service has been just as good, if not even better in some areas where we had no coverage with AT&T.

TL;DR If I switch from Magenta to Magenta plus, will I lose any free line offers I obtained.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 4 March 2020, 17:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

That's a great question. We'll need to have you Community-2153​ and have them check out exactly what promo you're opted into. Then, they can help make the best call on if the change will benefit you more.

Userlevel 1

I can tell you, if you change your plan, you loose the benefits associated with it.

If by any chance you manage to keep them, I am very curious to know how. And with what condition.

Please come back here with the result to your inquiry.

Badge

Hi at this point I have just decided to stay with Magenta. I will plus up the lines that I want to.