Solved

Is 611 free to call internationally?

• 22 December 2019
  • 5 replies

I am out of the country and have my prepaid with me. I would like to know if I’d get charged (internationally) for calling 611 to refill my phone With the refill card I have? Or is there any other way I can refill my phone beside credit or debit card. Thanks

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 26 December 2019, 18:04

View original

5 replies

Where are you going? I wouldn't count on prepaid international roaming to work. It's very unreliable. WiFi Calling might work.

I’m already out of the country. I’m talking in case of using my refill card to keep my phone in Service, so it’s not getting suspended. I have the WiFi calling on tho

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

*233 should work fine.  611 should work as well.

Userlevel 4

Hey there! You can dial the plus sign + followed by 1-505-998-3793 from your cell to reach our customer care while overseas and not be charged for it.

International roaming checklist

NO!  It is not free to call 611 from out of the US.  If you have the T-Mobile international plan with $.25/minute for calls, that is what you will be charged.  My problem with that is some of T-Mobile's call center people are not trained well enough to quickly answer questions, thus, they are wasting your money.  I recently paid $8.50 for 34 minutes in New Zealand much of which was on hold while the call center person was researching the answer to my question.