Question

Is it possible?

• 24 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Is it possible to switch service BACK to a previously used phone on an account?? Without having to call customer service  or going to a Tmobile store?? Please help. My 17 year old might actually die without his phone….🙄  thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was the service turned off for it or did they switch to a different phone and now are wanting to switch back to the previous phone?

if its the later then you can just swap the sim card from the current phone into the old phone as long as there werent any sim card size changes.

if its the first one you’ll need to either call TMO, visit a store or contact TMO via Facebook or Twitter. actually i think you can do all of this via the TMO app as well but not fully sure.

Badge

Thank you it’s the latter... i’ll see if that is possible. I wasn’t sure if you could remove SIMs from Iphones or not. I’ll have him try. The other issue is that the reason he needs to switch back is because he jumped in a pool with his phone in his pocket… the newer phone is totalled

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

pretty much every phone has a sim card in it. its what tells the phone which carrier it needs to connect to etc. if he has a esim associated with it then i believe you’ll need to contact TMO to get it switched to the old phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This assumes that your account is T-Mobile billing. Sprint billing is a horse of a different color. Also, moving contacts, files, texts, etc. is rather involved.

Badge

i’m definitely Tmobile billing, been with them for almost 20 years