Question

Is it possible to receive the text content via email?

• 26 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Just signed up T-Mobile. Wondering if I can get text message content via email? Just like Google Voice that text to Google Voice number can also be sent to me via email. 

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

download Digits.

https://www.t-mobile.com/apps/t-mobile-digits

Badge

Thanks for the suggestion! digits supposes to work but not working for me. Added a line in digits and I can only text out to other people but never receive any text messages from other people(those messages do work ok in the original phone that has the tmo line).

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you are using Google Messages for texting you might try the one set up for Google. other than that im not to sure of any others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Out of curiosity, why are you trying to get the messages to your email as well as your phone? The reason I imagine is that you want to be able to see your text messages on the computer. I could be totally missing the mark, which is why I want to clarify. If you do want to see the messages on a computer, then you could log in to the Digits Portal on the computer with your T-Mobile ID and password and see your call logs, messages, and voicemails. 

Badge

The reason is that all my lines in my Tmo account are for my kids and I am not using any of these lines. Sometimes Tmo sends notification to the main line in the account and my kid may not checking it and forward it to me on time. So I’d like to get the text messages to an email which I can check myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I see. I was looking for different ways that you might be able to get those automated messages. Unfortunately, those messages are not shown on the Digits Portal, you cannot change the delivery method to an email, and I am not seeing any setting that would auto-forward those messages to you. 

There may be a third party messaging app that could help with auto-forwarding options, but I wouldn’t be able to recommend one in particular.