Solved

Is it possible to use a different device on my line without losing the monthly discount towards my EIP balance?

• 23 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

12 months ago, I purchased the iPhone 14 (base model) on a 24-month payment plan, and got on the promotional rebate that reduced my monthly payments to around $8. (P135 2022 Apple Trade P32)

I am currently on the Magenta MAX plan.

I'm looking to purchase the iPhone 15 Pro Max (without trade-in to avoid paying the rest of the balance and losing out on the monthly discount).

If I made the purchase outright on the line with the existing device, would the equipment payment plan and monthly rebate remain in place, or would I need to pay the remaining balance on the iPhone 14?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 23 September 2023, 11:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You should still get the credits but I suggest contacting Tmobile support using messenger on one of Tmobile’s social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to make sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can buy a phone by paying in full, even if you aren’t a T-Mobile customer.  The active device in use on your line has nothing to do with your EIP.  There are times I change phones, like when I need to backup and factory reset a device.  Changing the device you are actively using will have no impact on your EIP.