Question

Is my phone not receiving texts properly?

Badge

My 2nd line has incoming texts listed in the usage overview that show up almost every other day for over two years. The person who has the line says they have never received any texts from these numbers.

They are always incoming texts, usually grouped within ten minutes of each other and come from numbers with strange area codes.

Is it possible for this many texts over such a long period of time to not be delivered, even though the person is getting all of their other messages normally?

The numbers are as follows:

(959) 800-0301

Thomaston, CT

(507) 748-0008 Fulda, MN

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

when things like this pop up google them. doing so with the first number auto pulls up a report saying its a scammer. second one doesnt pull up as a scammer however i wouldnt rule it out seeing as how they have no idea who it is.

personally i would block them

Badge

This culminated in having both lines phone numbers changed. All the weirdness in the text logs stopped, with the exception of the 507 number which has continued to text my other line at the new number.

I am assuming at this point the person using the line is being facetious, as there is no longer any strange activity outside of this one recurring number.

I really wish I could find out what service uses this phone number. 507-748-0008

Also worth noting:

If you text “stop” or “start” to this number you receive an appropriate reply, such as you have been subscribed or unsubscribed to messages from this number.