Solved

Is SCAM Blocking Active?

• 19 April 2017
  • 9 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Back when it was first announced, I sent a #662# to request SCAM call blocking. Since then I've been getting calls IDed as "Scam Likely", which I'm able to ignore. Thank you kindly for the service, T-Mobile, But, the calls are not automatically blocked. Do I need to resend the #662#? Is SCAM call blocking actually in service? What's the story?

icon

Best answer by tidbits 24 April 2017, 03:19

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what plan are you on?

Why isn’t #662# working for me? Every time I try and blocking scam calls it says “unable to process this request” why is that ??????  

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

glad it got resolved

I resent the blocking code a few days ago. I checked the status and was informed that blocking is active. I don't think I've gotten any "Scam Likely" calls since resending the code.

There are two options for the scam identity; you can set it to only identify the number as a probable/possible scam (which is what you have it set on), or you can block ALL calls that are identified as a possible scam. If you activate the later option, there is a chance that some legitimate calls will be totally blocked; it is not a perfect system.

It is your choice. You can make the choice on your account page.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

#787# iirc checks to see if it is enabled.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

From what I've seen, the Scam Block should be blocking those scammers once the system identifies it. I'm curious, have you gotten spam call from the same number?

Understood but these SCAM calls come from use-once, faked numbers. It does no good to put them on your blocked callers list. I want T-Mobile to send them to the bit bucket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you click on the number it gives you the option to block it.