Solved

Is this what being a T-Mobile customer is like?

• 17 January 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m here to ask while I still have a chance to escape T-Mobile if I need to. So I took advantage of the promotion that T-Mobile had where you could get $800/phone when you trade in a qualifying device when activating a new line of service. I had two iPhone XS and a Galaxy S9 from Verizon that I was trading in and porting in the new number. That was Tuesday evening (1/11/22). The call was all over the place and didn’t go smoothly but it seemed like it ended the right way. I asked multiple times to confirm I would be receiving the $800 credit towards each of my new purchases, paid the tax, and submitted the order over the phone. I received the new phones on Thursday evening (1/13/22). Due to the fact that I needed to make sure all of our stuff was backed up on our phones and my mother’s, I couldn’t activate the phones right away. I did it today, 3 days later on 1/16/22. Before I confirmed the order, I asked if boxes would be sent so I could ship the trade-ins to T-Mobile. She said that there would be. No boxes came with the order. She also said that I could take them to my nearby T-Mobile store and turn them in there if I was more comfortable doing that. Given that there was $2400 on the line and I wanted to make sure my trade-in phones arrived in the same condition as they left my house (pristine), I decided to bring them to the store. I took them to the Monticello, MN location and right away the guy told me he wouldn’t take the phones because I didn’t buy them there. I told him I had no idea where to send them because I didn’t receive shipping labels or boxes. He said he would print them out for me...but then he looked up our phones and said that there were no promotions for our devices and that he couldn’t help us. First thing...it seemed apparent to me that they just didn’t want to help us at the store since we bought it over the phone/had the new phones shipped. Second, the guy was pretty arrogant. Thirdly, when I called to try to things taken care of, they told me it was going to be an hour long wait. Sure...when I called to setup new service, there was no wait. Now after I’ve already activated, I get put to the back of the line and need to wait an hour. So I set the call back option so that when it was my turn T-Mobile would call me back. They call back a little over an hour later and the person that gets on the line hangs up on me immediately. So I call the new sales line...get someone on the phone immediately, and explain to them what’s going on. They tell me that the rep that setup my order did not enter the trade-ins or the promotion and that we were no longer eligible for that offer. They’re refusing to honor it retroactively as well even though they see the order was made on that date and can review the calls where I confirmed multiple times that the promotion would be applied. I almost blew my top. This is still not resolved but now my lines are no longer on Verizon and I really have no recourse at all except to migrate our data back over to the older phones, return the phones and try to get Verizon to re-enable our lines. 

I have NEVER had a worse experience with a cell-phone company. Has anyone else experienced anything similar with T-Mobile? 

icon

Best answer by Shopgirl 17 January 2022, 03:08

View original

11 replies

T-Mobile Is a nightmare. Everyone should write a letter and complain to the FCC. I plan to complain.

I have had so many issues with this company I would not know where to start.

They lie.

They  advertise promotions to get your business and don’t tell you about all of the “additional” charges you will incur. 
The bill is purposely misleading and confusing.

I was supposed to get a promotion for a $100 virtual gift card. They denied my application. I have no idea why. False advertisement!

They are scamming the public. They put hidden fees in the billing. When you speak to customer service every person gives you a different answer about your bill, or an issue. They promise you a price one month and then surprise. the bill is higher the next.
Customer service sucks. I waited to talk to someone for over an hour. Finally spoke to someone and we got disconnected. She never called me back. This happened twice.

They also refused to let me make a return through the mail even though I am disabled and had nobody to help me drive to the mall. 
I hate this overpriced company who does not care about customers. 

Consumers need to complain to the FCC- SEEMS LIKE NOBODY IS OVERSEEING THESE  CELL PHONE COMPANIES. Maybe we should complain to the Better Business Bureau.  Hopefully someone will listen and possibly regulate these companies practices and help the consumers.

They are shady AF. Get out as soon as you can. They will lie straight to your face and smile while doing it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have been a T-Mobile customer for over 15 years. The company has gone to the dark side. T-Mobile does not care about customer service, actually, T-Mobile fricken hates you. Did you see that on April 2, T-mobile will start unConstitutionally FIRING unvaxxed employees and put people on unpaid leave if they only have one vax? This is the sign of a company that has lost its spine. Morally bankrupt Cowards.

I will be moving to another carrier. T-Mobile sucks!

Badge

If I were you I would not trade in my old phones to tmobile for their new ones. The ones you have are the real deal. Tmobiles are generics or rebuilds or worse. Prehacked. If your phones are the authentic ones made by thr manufacturer and not refurbished, don't let them go. There's no reason for tmobile to be trying to remove all those phones from the market and replacing them with their junk. From the sheer number of pointless recycles to the fact that even if you wipe your phone before sending it in, they still can access everything you ever did through the etf system... there's no hood reason for this to be happening. If you've got a good phone they shouldn't be forcing you to replace it. Shady as all get out

I have been a T-Mobile customer for over 15 years. The company has gone to the dark side. T-Mobile does not care about customer service, actually, T-Mobile fricken hates you. Did you see that on April 2, T-mobile will start unConstitutionally FIRING unvaxxed employees and put people on unpaid leave if they only have one vax? This is the sign of a company that has lost its spine. Morally bankrupt Cowards.

I will be moving to another carrier. T-Mobile sucks!

T-Mobile has a lot of problems but this is not one of them. SCOTUS has ruled that employers may require vaccinations. 

T-Mobile sells old phones as new????

I seriously doubt that.

What carrier doesn't have crappy customer service?    Seriously, Verizon is the worse of the worst.   At least with T-Mobile you get decent (not great) coverage and they tend to offer better/cheaper plans than other major carriers.  

BTW, I live in rural USA, and Verizon literally kicked everyone off their service in our area.  Because they didn't have towers in our area, and didn't want to pay the access fees to use another carrier's tower.  Talk about being shafted by a carrier.

Userlevel 2
Badge

After reading these, and based on my experience ordering Home Internet, I’ll switch to ™ without any promos.  No free phones or rebates.  Then I can cancel any time.  Then I can go back to ATT as a new subscriber and get both benefits.  They are more expensive, but great customer service.  I’ll keep myTm internet, for now.

My bad taste experience.  10 days ago, I activated Home Internet.  I made it clear to the phone rep I wanted the discounted bundle.  She kept changing the subject. She then, after I kept asking, said I’d receive promotional E Mails.  No such thing.  I called back 2 days later, spoke to someone who never heard of the bundle discount. 

Okay fine.  I’ll keep the internet for now, switch to ™ phone service, without any contractual offers, and then switch back to ATT when eligible for new subscriber benefits.  i may keep the ™ internet, since ATT hasn’t yet installed fiber in my condo complex.  It’s unfortunate, because the ™ plans are better priced, and meet our needs. It’s just not worth the headaches so many are having.,

avoid calling 611 in the evening/night time. you'd end up speaking to overseas call center.

what might piss you off talking to them:

1. hard to get them understand you

2. hard to understand them

3. hard to get anything resolved seriously

I wasted two hours talking to them in the evening.

called 611 again next day during daytime and got connected to an american dude. boom. he got to the point and resolved it in 3 minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

theres also contacting TMO through either Facebook or Twitter..this starts you with tier 2 support over the call in tier 1 support agents.

make sure to send them a DM. do not post on their main page.

LOL It’s like getting kicked. Been with TMobile for years, and I tend to keep my phone until it dies. Now it seems like TMoble is forcing to upgrade to allow me to PAY MY BILL via the phone.  I keep getting an message “Time for an Update” but I can not update my phone to the level it wants. So my payment was late creating a last fee!! What a joke. Also no more TMoble Tuesday Deals for me, why? because I am being forced to upgrade.  If my phone works why upgrade at this time? The answer is so TMOBILE can use the profit from forcing long term customers to upgrade, and build a new stadium with their name plastered across.  Thanks Corporate TMobile, for screwing over the dedicated customers with GREED!!