Question

JUMP! trade-in and bill credits.

• 10 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Yesterday around noon I pre-ordered the iPhone 14 Pro Max by upgrading my iPhone 12 Pro Max via the JUMP! Installment Plan. The line I’m upgrading the iPhone 12 Pro Max line has the 2021 Apple Buy 2 P4 Promotion which grants me $34.59 in monthly bill credits towards my 12 Pro Max.

My question is: What happens to the bill credits once I send in my phone? Will they convert toward the 14 Pro Max or will they disappear?

Also, I have only received a EIP Contract and not any order confirmations for the 14 Pro Max; when I go to view orders the page is also blank. Is this something to be concerned about?

7 replies

Hey Momon, short answer is you’ll loose those credits for the 12PM if you’re going to receive new credits towards the 14 you ordered. These credits are called “RDC’s” reoccurring device credits, and only 1 RDC is allowed per line. I work in a retail location for TMobile and I recommend stopping into your local CORPORATE location to do an account audit to fully understand your current promotion and how it can potentially impact future upgrades. 

Regarding your EIP contract and missing order confirmation, I preordered my phone yesterday as well with a similar experience. I’d say that your EIP contact is your confirmation of the order for the time being. But again, your local CORPORATE location will be the final authority with any questions you may have. 

Badge

Hey Momon, short answer is you’ll loose those credits for the 12PM if you’re going to receive new credits towards the 14 you ordered. These credits are called “RDC’s” reoccurring device credits, and only 1 RDC is allowed per line. I work in a retail location for TMobile and I recommend stopping into your local CORPORATE location to do an account audit to fully understand your current promotion and how it can potentially impact future upgrades. 

Thank you for your response. I didn’t choose any new promotions or credits, just a normal JUMP! upgrade. I wonder if that makes any difference?

If you were to payoff your 12 Pro Max and NOT upgrade, you’d continue to receive the credits. Once you close out the EIP on one device to upgrade to another however, the credits do stop. 

It may be more beneficial for you to payoff what’s left on the 12PM and use it as a trade in towards the 14. Depending on what kind of plan you’re on the trade in promo is anywhere from 500-1000 off the 14 Pro/Max 

Badge

It may be more beneficial for you to payoff what’s left on the 12PM and use it as a trade in towards the 14. Depending on what kind of plan you’re on the trade in promo is anywhere from 500-1000 off the 14 Pro/Max 

Hmm, will I still receive the 2021 Apple Buy 2 P4 promotional credits? I hastily used the normal JUMP! promotion when I pre-ordered the iPhone 14 Pro Max. I wonder if I’ll be able to pay off my iPhone 12 Pro Max before I am needed to return it for the JUMP! promotion will I still be able to keep the phone and receive the credits.

Unfortunately no. I was able to confirm with my manager. Once you get a new device the old device promo stops. 

Badge

Unfortunately no. I was able to confirm with my manager. Once you get a new device the old device promo stops. 

Thanks for checking.

After asking a T-Mobile rep via chat in the T-Mobile app I was told multiple times after asking and rephrasing: that if I were to use JUMP! I would still have my promotion credit applied. Guess that was dead incorrect.

The agent also informed me that my pre-order didn’t process as I suspected due to me only receiving an EIP agreement and nothing else.

So now that this has happened I’m either going to pay off my EIP early and do a trade in online or hope that there will be a stock of phones on launch day to my local T-Mobile store.