Question

Latency issues when talking

• 23 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I’ve had TMobile for 7-8 years. I’ve always had to deal with a delay when on a phone call. I have to talk over people to shut them down so I can talk because I can hear them instantly but they don’t hear for a good 2-5 seconds. I’ve tried turning off wifi, talking to someone on a tmobile network, talking to someone not on a tmobile network. Doesn’t matter where I am or who I’m talking to I always, always have to step all over their comversation so they can hear me talking. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

does this mainly happen while at home? out and about? are there any other TMO phones around you? do they run into the same thing or no? what phone do you have? and are you using wifi calling?

Badge

It hapens no matter where I am and no matter who I’m talking to. Nobody I’ve talked to tells me they’ve experienced the same thing. It doesn’t matter if I’m using wifi or not. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

do you happen to have any people using TMO around you? or on your account as well living in the same house? could be an issue with the phone itself if others in the same areas dont run into this but you do.

or possibly the sim card..

Badge

A friend is on tMobile and it happens when I am talking to him no matter where he is. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

need to test this with him being near you...if he connects to the same tower and has zero issues then its pointing at either your phone or possibly sim card. if hes near you and connecting to the same tower and is also seeing the same problem then its safe to say its a network issue

you said it happens everywhere so im guessing this means its not location based...which also points right back at the phone or possibly sim card.

which phone is it?

Same thing happens to me all the time. It’s causing problems in my life. Why is there no solution. Why is it only my phone.