Lied to and billed for a phone that I was offered for free

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have been a good reliable Tmobil customer for over 4 years. I have multiple lines on my plan and I’ve never missed a payment.

I ordered and paid for a new phone just before Xmas 2021. The phone was never delivered. I called to ask where my phone was and was told they couldn’t find the phone and had to investigate. A rep was supposed to call me back. By the second week of Jan. the issue still wasn’t resolved and I did not receive a phone yet. Tmobil was still unable to give me a clear answer on what happened or when I’d receive my phone. I was upset and called back on Jan. 7th to close my account. 

The operator was distressed and said she could not lose me as a customer. She asked if a free phone would get me to stay. I agreed and signed the paperwork for a new phone. I received the phone within 1-2 days and all was well until I got my next bill and saw that I was being billed for the phone. 

I called customer support several more times trying to resolve the issue. By early March my frustration level was through the roof. I’ve made so many calls and wasted so much of my time. I called to cancel my account and was told that if I left, I would still owe for the balance on the phone. I said I’d send it back but the rep said too much time has passed. 

I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was given to James rep# 9991310431 who insinuated that all along this was just a scheme I hatched to demand a phone. That whatever happened between me and the service rep on Jan. 7th was my fault and that I agreed to pay for a new phone. I asked him to listen to the recorded call, he said he did and that I agreed to buy a phone. I know that’s not true so I asked James to let me listen, he said that wasn’t possible. I asked if somebody else at Tmobil could listen to the call. He said he was the highest level of authority I would be able to reach and that nobody else at Tmobil would bother to waste their time listening to that call. 

I asked James for the number to customer relations, he said that Tmobil (a giant phone company) doesn’t have a phone at customer relations and that I’d have to write them a letter. If I want to speak with somebody else, I will have to wait 72 hours for somebody to call me back. 

This all seems crazy to me. I’m a working father of three children with a life, I don’t have time for all this and I’m not just going to be bullied into paying $1000 for a phone I was told would be free. I want my money back and I want to take my families business elsewhere. I can’t believe that there’s no way to contact anyone at Tmobil with the authority to assist a very displeased customer besides James, who has insulted me multiple times now. 

If you are reading this and you are on the fence about using Tmobil as a carrier, this will be your reality if you ever need customer service. I don’t recollect ever calling for help with anything else in all my time with this company.  The one time I need help due to unusual circumstances that were no fault of mine, I’ve been lied to, scammed, hassled, bullied, insulted, stressed and have had hours and hours of my time wasted. 

27 replies

Lied to as well. I called to get pricing on adding a watch to my account and Mrs. Davis said I can upgrade both lines to a 15 pro max and get ultra watch 2 for only 30 extra a month and 2 years of AAA. told her too good to be true, doesn’t make sense, and that I already claimed the 1 year AAA service. She kept insisting and made her repeat it 4 times. Guess what? All a lie when I got my bill. $90 more a month and of course no free AAA since I already claimed it. I returned the watch and now looking to switch carriers. Lying all to get the commission when now she lost the commission because I cancelled the line and ruined reputation of T-Mobile for me, family and friends of mine. 

T-Mobile has upgraded my account WITHOUT MY PERMISSION THEY ARE ALWAYS CHARGING ME 100 DOLLARS OVER MY WHAT BILL IS SUPPOSED TO BE AND THEY WILL NOT TELL ME WHY. SO I WENT INTO MY GOOGLE PLAY STORE AND FOUND WHY 50 DOLLARS WAS BEING CHARGE TO MY ACCOUNT AND I FIX THAT THEY REFUND MY MONEY AND GOOGLE PLAY STORE BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN THAT ON MY BILL AND I'M STILL BEING CONTINUED TO CHARGE OVER $100 MORE ON MY BILL EVERY MONTH AND I NEVER EVEN CHOSE THE HIGHEST PLAN WHICH THEY PUT ME ON TO BEGIN WITH NO NO PERMISSION WHATSOEVER AND MY PHONE KEEPS ON MESSING UP AND THEY DON'T RESPOND TO ANY OF MY THING EMAILS OR TEXT OR COMPLAINTS OR EVEN TELL ME WHY ANY OF MY CHARGES ARE BEING CHARGED THEY DON'T THEY ACT LIKE THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW SO I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN GET ALL MY MONEY BACK AND GO TO ANOTHER COMPANY AND THEY CAN PAY FOR IT AND THAT'S THAT. BECAUSE I KNOW THEY'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO FIND OUT OR GET PROOF OF ME SAYING THAT THEY GOT PERMISSION TO UPGRADE MY ACCOUNT WHEN THEY DIDN'T THEY'LL NEVER FIND PROOF BECAUSE I DIDN'T. SO AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THEY OWE ME A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY AND THEY'RE CHARGING ME EVERY SINGLE MONTH FOR A PHONE THAT THEY SAID WAS FREE MORE THAN WHAT THE PHONE IS SUPPOSED TO COST ANYWAYS OF WHAT IT WOULD BE IF I WERE TO BE CHARGED FOR IT BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE AND THEY'RE STILL CHARGING ME DOUBLE IT THEY DOUBLE CHARGE MY INSURANCE TOO.