Question

Looks like T-mobile will only offer promotions for Magenta Max customers?

• 20 July 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge

Beginning last year, just about every single promotion for T-mobile requires you to add a new line (usually on Magenta Max), Or add any new line, or bogo, or you have to be on a Magenta Max plan.

Meaning if you are an existing customer not adding a new line, aren’t interested in buying 2 devices, and aren’t on a Magenta Max plan, your options are basically to pay full price for any device upgrades you may want.

I stopped paying attention to T-mobile promotions for potential device upgrades because just about every one of them now requires you to be on a Magenta Max plan and won’t be upgrading any devices through T-mobile for this reason. Even for Black Friday last year (and I would assume this year) the promos were all either BOGO, adding a new line or require Magenta Max, there were literally NO offers for existing customers not on a Magenta Max plan.

Unlike when the S21 came out, I was able to trade in my S10+ for $800 off a new S21 Ultra even through I was NOT on a Magenta Max plan and was not adding a new line. Or you could buy the S20 FE for $99 if you traded in a device or added any new line. Not anymore.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!