Question

Lost my phone and cant get the verification text code

• 13 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Simply put,  I lost my phone,  so I have a brand new tmobile sim in front of me and want to update my sim and place it into another phone,  yet I'm prompted to get a 6 digit verification code that's being sent to the missing device.  What do I do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Contact TMobile support using messenger on one of their social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter to see if they can help.

This is one of the stupidest security measures in the history of short sighted security Measures. What is the first thing you do if you lose your phone? Contact your service provider. Then you are told you can login the website without your phone. Absolutely stupid

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is one of the stupidest security measures in the history of short sighted security Measures. What is the first thing you do if you lose your phone? Contact your service provider. Then you are told you can login the website without your phone. Absolutely stupid

You can get a verification code via e-mail as an option when logging in to your my.t-mobile.com account.  

That would be great if receiving the code via email was an option. When I login there is only one option for verification-sms text to my phone. Obviously having the code sent to my email as an option would solve the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

When I login, I have the option for both.  Is your e-mail address attached to your account?  You can reach out to T-Mobile via DM on Facebook or Twitter to see what the T-Force Team can do for you.  You could also visit your local T-Mobile store as well.