Lying and deceitful CS

• 23 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have never delt with such lying and unhelpful customer service before. I called about a promotion that T-Mobile had going on. After having my question answered, I decided to switch my service from AT&T to T-Mobile. I told the CS representative that I was wanting to bring my S22 Ultra over and later use it to upgrade to the S24 Ultra once it came out. The CS representative told me that I wouldn’t be able to do that, and I would need to get a new phone and trade in the S22 Ultra. They told me that my new phone would then be considered mine free and clear with the ability to use as a trade in once the S24 Ultra came out. Now I’m being told that because I have traded in my S22 Ultras and received a new phone I can’t upgrade for two more years. I was originally told that it’s my fault for believing the CS rep and the transcript with the conversation means nothing and should have read the doc I signed. I final was able to talk to someone that tried to come up with a solution. But was then sent to several other departments, all telling me that I’m basically screwed and will have to live with it.

Big mistake thinking switching to T-Mobile would be a good discission.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you use Facebook or Twitter you can use messenger on their platform for support.

I’ve been waiting for a response from Facebook’s “T-Force” team for 35 minutes now with no response or acknowledgement.

I'm not sure what their support hours are on Facebook but I'm sure it's a skeleton crew after business hours.

Badge

If you use Facebook or Twitter you can use messenger on their platform for support.

I’ve been waiting for a response from Facebook’s “T-Force” team for 35 minutes now with no response or acknowledgement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Badge

Yes, i understand that but that's not the point. I was told when signing up that there wouldn't be any bill credits. I was told that the phone would be free and clear. I had been told there would be no bill credits and i could trade in the phone as soon as the S24 series came out. An obvious lie to get me to sign up. 

I'll definitely keep anyone i know from switching over and post in other places how T-Mobile uses deceitful practices to get people sign up and then are no help afterwards. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did the free phone have bill credits? If so that's why you can't upgrade since the phone is still being paid off.