Question

Magentia 55+

• 1 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

I heard on the news that T Mobile will be changing Magenta 55 + over to new more expensive account.  Is this true?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

No carrier does, they've all been hacked multiple times recently.

For all the “We’ve been hacked” notices I’ve received in recent years, none of them resulted in an alert that my personal information was for sale on the “dark web” until AT&T was hacked. The notice I received from my credit monitoring service linked that data to AT&T.

I've had my identity stolen plenty of times because of my very common name that now the credit agencies pretty much keep a track of it.

I've been to Jamaica once and will never go back since I got flagged entering the country, flagged checking into the hotel, flagged leaving Jamaica and flagged again when entering the States because of my name. Found out why while on a tour bus when we were asked what our names were.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

For all the “We’ve been hacked” notices I’ve received in recent years, none of them resulted in an alert that my personal information was for sale on the “dark web” until AT&T was hacked. The notice I received from my credit monitoring service linked that data to AT&T.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

They changed the auto payment method to force giving up our bank info. T-Mobile has no low it won’t strive for. As far as I’m concerned, they deserve no respect or recommendation. They certainly can’t be trusted with my bank account.

Userlevel 1

They changed the auto payment method to force giving up our bank info. T-Mobile has no low it won’t strive for. As far as I’m concerned, they deserve no respect or recommendation. They certainly can’t be trusted with my bank account.

They didn’t force us to change, but they are forcing us to change our payment option to a check card or back account to continue our $5 per phone discount. I have complained about it a couple of times because a debit card is less secure than a credit card. I’m checking on changing to Visible because they are $25 a line with no extra charges, which will lower my bill to $50 a month instead of raising to $77 a month., same coverage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Magenta 55+ may or may not have been on the list. You could opt out if you were notified of the plan change. In any event they dropped the idea because of the reaction they received.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

T-Mobile Has Cancelled The Forced Plan Migrations, At Least For Now (tmo.report)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile stopped the forced migration because of the blowback they were getting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It is, but you can opt out.  If you want to opt out of the automatic plan change, you can either give Customer Care a call at 611 and ask to opt out of the forced migration or send T-Mobile a DM on either Twitter or Facebook requesting to opt out of the forced migration.  You need to do this soon though as it takes effect in a couple of weeks.