Solved

Military verification upload not working and keeps erroring

• 16 March 2019
  • 8 replies

I've tried uploading jpgs,and pdfs using Chrome, IE and the Tmobile Android app from my phone and still no luck.  The files are tiny...less than 1mb.  The file appears to upload when i attach it but when i click on Submit documentation i get the following error:

Upload Failed...Hmmm it looks like there was a problem uploading your document.  Please try again.

fyi - The military members information above the upload button has already been confirmed, this is the last step in the process.

Any advice on how to get this to work?  (Chat told me to go to a store, but i know this should work.)  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 20 March 2019, 10:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4

Hmm. If you've tried multiple browser types, and file types, it certainly sounds like the issue has to be somewhere on our side.

I would suggest reaching out to T-Force on FB or Twitter to see if they can assist with either the upload itself, or with having a ticket filed to have your upload issues further investigated.

-Lauren

I too am having difficulty uploading my military verification. I have tried using chrome and the app. I have tried jpeg, pdf  and png files. I have tried at various times of the day. I was advised to come in to a store. I am traveling at the moment and the answer should not be come to a store for a service you say you are providing. If you can't accept uploaded documents, don't say that you can. I also see Lauren's (@tmo_lmessage to have us as the customer reach out to another part of the organization to get it fixed. As a community manager, if there is an issue, should you not be raising it yourself internally? I am seriously questioning my decision to move to T-Mobile--not the greatest customer service just yet and that too to military. Please assist.

You're right to not feel the need to go to a store as the upload process is fully capable of being verified through the site or resolved by support, people just don't want to do extra for their job. Customer service always advises that and it just frustrates retail employees most of the time as they often have even less capabilities but because it's face-to-face support feels it is going to be easier to resolve the issue at your inconvenience. Also sucks for retail employees that work on commission to have to deal with customer service sending people their way that have no intent to buy or activated through customer service then get to deal with their issues.

same problem 3 years later Bootleg Company! VOICE STREAM All OVER Again!!!!!

Yoo guys I found a way!

Go to https://tinypng.com/

Just compress the image you want to upload, (mines went from 2.9MB to 610KB).

When I went to upload, it got accepted! 

I have been trying for weeks to upload my DD214.  I am so frustrated at this point I am about to say forget it and go with another company.  I have tried to call support and NO ONE can figure it out!!!!!! I don't even understand why I have to re-verify when military status does not expire.  Once a veteran always a veteran.  If I don't get resolution i will quit t mobile.  I don't understand why there is not another way to get this form to your company!!!!!

I am having the same problem with First Responder Verification. Upload Fails, even though I get a check mark for file accepted. I tried reaching out to T Mobile on Facebook and it asks me for account verification and the link to show I have a T mobile account is “Bad Request Error 400”.

I also tried the method above to compress the photo to a ZIP file and T Mobile will not accept that file type.

Please Help

I had to reduce the file size to less than 500KB, actual size ended up 453KB. The original JPG size was 1MB. Once I reduced the file size, it uploaded immediately and received the confirmation email two seconds later.