Netflix Add Extra Member

• 13 June 2023
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Netflix just started charging for extra members but T-Mobile doesn’t have an option to add up two extra members to the Netflix plan for an additional fee of $7.99. 

Please add an option to add additional two Netflix members so I can take advantage of the T-Mobile Netflix discounts. Otherwise this discount is useless to me.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried adding it through Netflix?

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/netflix-on-us

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sure I can do that but Netflix does not allow or provide a balance billing option so I have to pay full price. There is no way to utilize the T-Mobile discount and add aditional lines for two people. 

I am happy to pay the $7.99 per additional line but I’d rather do it with the T-Mobile Premium plan discount of $7 per month. With T-Mobile it would be $23 if they provided that option to bill for the additional lines. 

With Netflix currently is $36. 

We just need T-Mobil to provide an option to add up to two additional lines for $7.99 each.

Sounds simple right? Too bad it’s not. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried contacting Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to see if the can help or give them feedback?

This is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that doesn't always monitor every post.

@HeavenM is a mod and might be able to help you  get your request in the right hands.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks, I wrote a letter to customer relations in NM that I will mail tomorrow. I called customer service and the rep never could understand what I was talking about. I asked for a supervisor, she put me on hold for a few minutes them came back on caliming she was a supervisor and not the same person I just talked to. Funny because she sounded the same and relayed the same things with the same tone and phrases as she did before attempting to impersonate a supervisor.

Really bad customer service so far.  

I have exact the same Issue , T mobile charges for Netflix service and it was promised that we can share , I have now a disadvantage Since I cant have my Mother add to our Account even she has her line with us but not same household , I cant add her on Netflix , I just spoke to T-mobile Customer support and they said I can add those lines on Netflix account but its not true , so even T-Mobile has no clue how to fix this issues now , maybe time to look to other providers after 25 years of loyal T-mobile client , Im super upset 

Userlevel 1

I have the exact same issue. I’m staying at my parents' home helping them as my dad is having a health issue. I’ve run out of travel credits and tried to add an extra member account so my mom and I can watch in the evenings, but I can’t do that, and Netflix told me I have to travel home every 30 days to watch Netflix at their house. I live in AZ they live in WA - $500 plane ticket to watch Netflix!  Crazy! Netflix's solution is to switch household every time my husband or I want to watch TV in a different house or pay for another entire account.  Ridiculous! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

T-Mobile has nothing to do with your Netflix account except for paying the bill.   

Netflix does not allow third party billed accounts to add extra members.  T-Mobile is a third party which is why you can’t add another member.

Complain to Netflix, not to T-Mobile which had no say over the changes Netflix made regarding account sharing and adding additional members.

Userlevel 1

Thank you cjake, I appreciate your answer but that is not accurate.  T-mobile is a partner with Netflix, with a significant number of customers who subscribe to the top two Netflix tears, providing T-Mobile a significant amount of influence over Netflix. If T-Mobile can allow an upgrade to premium for an added fee they can also offer an upgrade to add an extra member for an added fee. If enough customers complain to both T-Mobile and Netflix, which I have (thank you for your mastery of the obvious) as a united force we can effect change. This is the basic premise of democracy and capitalism.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you read the terms of the Netflix On Us? By your logic then Netflix should have influence on how Tmobile operates also.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/netflix-on-us#steps6

Userlevel 1

Thanks Gramps! The fact is T-Mobile has customers that Netflix wants to offer a service to for a fee and have T-Mobile collect and pay the fee.  If you don’t think that gives T-Mobile leverage, fine. Don’t speak up ,take what you are offered and be satisfied. I think T-Mobile has leverage and I’m speaking up to both companies, every one who is impacted by this in a negative way should. If your not one of those people I’m happy for you! Part of the lure of T-Mobile is the Netflix account, when I signed up I could use it anywhere I was, now I can’t. That’s a change in terms.  T-Mobile needs to know they have dissatisfied customers  as much as Netflix does. I’m happy you are happy with the arrangement, I’m not and I’m going to speak up because if we don’t tell them we’re not happy they won’t know and won’t consider alternatives.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile has no leverage. Read the terms, Tmobile can change them at anytime. If Tmobile did offer the add the extra member option people would complain since they would get taxed for the service.

Userlevel 1

You are incorrect, at your urging I contacted Netflix, again, and specifically asked the question of if they would allow T-Mobile to add this add on. They said it is up to TMobile to choose to allow this add on in the same way they allow the premium add on.  Educate yourself before you try to educate others.  Your wasting everyone’s time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I am not incorrect. Did you even read the terms from Tmobile? Then go to Netflix and read there terms.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

With all of the complaints, I would not be surprised if T-Mobile discontinues the Netflix on Us offer.

Extra Members (netflix.com)

Extra members cannot be added to partner packages or third-party billed accounts.

If Netflix changed their policy to allow T-Mobile billed accounts to add extra members, you would still be billed an additional $7.99 for each added member.

Userlevel 1

Yes, cjake, you are right.  This is the option I want, I want to be able to add an extra member for the fee, in the same way I can add the premium subscription for the extra fee, that they add to my bill each month. I don’t want T-Mobile to pay the fee for me, I just want them to add the latest upgrades available from Netflix, the way they always have.  What I’m being told now is they don’t want to offer that and I need to pay 100% of the cost of a separate subscription or $15.99 rather than adding an extra member at $7.99, or whatever the cost is to do that.

Gramps doesn’t think this is a reasonable request and that terms of service cannot be amended, they can.  I think it’s more he needs to be right 🙄!

So gramps, you’re right!  Happy?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

No, your just over estimating how much influence Tmobile has over Netflix. I can care less since I don't have Netflix on Us.

The original terms are for 2 screens and people ruined it by sharing passwords till Netflix had to do something.

Userlevel 1

Ok, that explains why you seem so clueless on the topic, you don’t use it so you don’t have the context of how it works.  I would refrain from commenting on subjects you don’t have any experience with, is unproductive and doesn’t help.

Same problem here. We had two family users (different houses, but family…that address is meaningless and just an excuse to charge people more) on one account for years. Just two.

When we switched to T mobile, we lost that deal and now we find we can’t get the EXACT SAME DEAL OFFERED TO ALL NETFLIX USERS because we’re going through T-mobile? This is not equitable. There is no good reason going through T mobile should disqualify users for many, many years from getting offers that all other users have access - for the same $8 fee.  

So, now we’re penalized for using T-mobile and it will cost us more no matter how (IF) we go back to Netflix. Not cool that this was never mentioned at the time.  

Imagine if either company actually cared about its customers and tried to give them what they need in exchange for decade+ of loyalty and that giant chunk of monthly money?

I get that N can’t deal with endless password sharing. No prob.  (We never did that.) But there are less extreme ways to deal with it (which are also less profitable). For example, why won’t Netflix simply allow two family users, regardless of household? Because profit matters more than everything, especially customers. 

The system is supposed to work for the humans. Not vice versa. And people, please stop defending mega corporations like they’re your pals. They and their billions will be fine. Promise. 

So disappointed in both Netflix and T Mobile. Is it really worth $8 to destroy customer loyalty? Not to mention how they treat writers. 

Learning to watch less TV is a good thing, anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you checked to see what Netflix uses to determine  a household?

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/128339

Sure I can do that but Netflix does not allow or provide a balance billing option so I have to pay full price. There is no way to utilize the T-Mobile discount and add aditional lines for two people. 

I am happy to pay the $7.99 per additional line but I’d rather do it with the T-Mobile Premium plan discount of $7 per month. With T-Mobile it would be $23 if they provided that option to bill for the additional lines. 

With Netflix currently is $36. 

We just need T-Mobil to provide an option to add up to two additional lines for $7.99 each.

Sounds simple right? Too bad it’s not. 

I’ve confirmed because I switched to Tmobile Netflix and was told my plan would not change.  But when I went to add extra members for my kids at college, I can’t do it.  I could switch back to Netflix billing but I’d lose my $11.99 savings which was part of why a switched to Tmobile for my whole service.  The Tmobile people need to add this billing option or not sell people the plan, without notifying us that can’t be added.  One less benefit.

Tmobile needs to put a few developers on this so they can bill the extra $7.99.  Its a billing software problem.

Same problem here. We had two family users (different houses, but family…that address is meaningless and just an excuse to charge people more) on one account for years. Just two.

When we switched to T mobile, we lost that deal and now we find we can’t get the EXACT SAME DEAL OFFERED TO ALL NETFLIX USERS because we’re going through T-mobile? This is not equitable. There is no good reason going through T mobile should disqualify users for many, many years from getting offers that all other users have access - for the same $8 fee.  

So, now we’re penalized for using T-mobile and it will cost us more no matter how (IF) we go back to Netflix. Not cool that this was never mentioned at the time.  

Imagine if either company actually cared about its customers and tried to give them what they need in exchange for decade+ of loyalty and that giant chunk of monthly money?

I get that N can’t deal with endless password sharing. No prob.  (We never did that.) But there are less extreme ways to deal with it (which are also less profitable). For example, why won’t Netflix simply allow two family users, regardless of household? Because profit matters more than everything, especially customers. 

The system is supposed to work for the humans. Not vice versa. And people, please stop defending mega corporations like they’re your pals. They and their billions will be fine. Promise. 

So disappointed in both Netflix and T Mobile. Is it really worth $8 to destroy customer loyalty? Not to mention how they treat writers. 

Learning to watch less TV is a good thing, anyway.

You nailed this.  It’s ridiculous.  I want to give Netflix $16 more per month (2 kids at college), I can’t.  They should tell T-Mobile to fix this as they are leaving money on the table.  Does anyone at Tmobile monitor this community?  Please let us know we are being heard.

I have exact the same Issue , T mobile charges for Netflix service and it was promised that we can share , I have now a disadvantage Since I cant have my Mother add to our Account even she has her line with us but not same household , I cant add her on Netflix , I just spoke to T-mobile Customer support and they said I can add those lines on Netflix account but its not true , so even T-Mobile has no clue how to fix this issues now , maybe time to look to other providers after 25 years of loyal T-mobile client , Im super upset 

Same here. I went in and spoke to them and they swore I could keep my sister as an add on house under the T-Mobile Netflix offer and I could not. I am so angry. Because they use this as part of an incentive and they are providing inaccurate information. I am willing to pay the difference but I can’t even do it. Pisses me off.