Question

No Autopay discount for first bill?

• 22 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just moved to TMobile from ATT. I created my online account and signed up for Autopay.

However it has just (1 week after signup) posted my first bill but there is no autopay discount.

Will the discount be applied when the autopay is deducted or is the first bill without the discount?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

the discount should show up on your future bill. it may take 2 billings cycles to appear

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you setup autopay when you opened your account and switched to T-Mobile?  As mentioned, sometimes autopay can take some time to be reflected on your account.  This also applies to promotions.  If you didn’t setup autopay when you switched, then that makes sense as to why it doesn’t show on your first bill, which is pretty much generated after your account is activated.  

The same thing happened to me. I switched to T-Mobile over 3 weeks ago. I signed up for autopay online when I first signed up. I kept getting reminders to set up autopay after that, so I kept going in to check my account and found that it was already set up. A few days ago I got a heads up that my first bill would be going through, and they didn’t apply the $5 discount. And they took the money out this weekend...using the autopay that they’re supposed to give a discount for. Sounds like they simply take an extra $5 the first month.