Question

Not able to cancel t-mobile home internet nor turn in router anywhere.

Badge

I just got a ride to local t-mobile store to turn in my t-mobile home internet gateway and cancel my account. they refused to take the gateway and said they do not do this kind of thing. only what they sell in the store.  told me to call 611 and have them send me a ups label to send it back to them.

So i called 611 they can not cancel my account nor send me a ups label to send my gateway back. But i have to take it to the local retail store to cancel my account and turn it in.

what kind of circular logic is this? both are refusing to cancel my service and take the gateway. now i’m stuck with a gateway and no way to terminate my account which i’m sure they’ll keep billing till end of eternity.

And my account for home internet, sounds like from the many csr’s i’ve talked to is horribly messed up. no changes can be made to it either by me or them. And the home internet is a separate account from my t-mobile phone account which is making this much worse and confusing to the csr’s.

I’ve tried to be very patient with the csr’s and retail store, but enough is enough. someone needs to step up and fix this. i’ve tried several csr’s they sound confused on what to do. no email or chat really hurts.

someone needs to figure something out. hate to have to put a block payment to t-mobile on my bank account due to unending billing.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

611 is for cell phone support. Home internet phone support is 844-275-9310. That’s the number I used to get a replacement router and a prepaid label to return the old one.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

hate to have to put a block payment to t-mobile on my bank account due to unending billing.

Be careful how you end your payments to T-Mobile yourself.

T-Mobile has a history of sending delinquent accounts to collections, which can affect your credit score negatively.

Badge

Question,   Can you not cancel the service online? then you can have a record via cut and paste at least.   I would think!

I am having same issue here. I made the mistake of leaving my equipment at a local store for the manager to return. Two weeks later and they do not have a record of the return. I need a number for a manager. 

I'm having the same issue. I want to return it bit nobody will take it. Now my bill is 900 and I can't pay it. So angry. I was told so many times I could just drop it off and everyone keeps turning me away 

Same issue with ridiculous fees. CSR says after paying current bill for next billing cycle and any past due fees.... I can request cancelation. 

Badge

Surprising I was in a store in Florida and I saw a lady bring her modem back in and it took about 30m  , I was there to buy a phone, I wanted to ask her why, because I just got a T-Mobile modem 4 days before, but it looks like she could not speak English. I did not see any issues with the return.

How is my service working?   10 days now and two outages.  I only called once and they said it was congestion, but I reminded him congestion is not a 2000ms ping and zero download is an outage, He did agree and took my connection down and I restarted my modem, and all is well, the second outage is unknown because I was leaving the house and did not call.

He did say even during congestion I should get 33m per their practice.

Badge

Well unfortunately I fell victim to the Too Good To Be True Home Internet as well. If you keep getting pointed in circles by Tmobile. I highly recommend filling a claim with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. I've had to get them to help me twice before with TMOBILE and it looks like I will have to ask for them to help me again. You can be certain that your issue will get resolved much more quickly.

Same issue for me.  Went to store, they wouldn’t take the router “without a receipt”.  I don’t see an email from tmobile from after I setup service; so, I left.  I called tmobile and they said they would keep the service on for the rest of the month so that I could “avoid proration” which makes no sense.  I don’t care much about paying to the end of the month; so I let that part go.  They told me to return the router to the store, and I told them I was already turned away by the store; so, they said I’d get a text with a return label. No Text.  Now when I login to tmobile.com, looks like I still have an account. 

Well, here is my nightmare I’ll try and keep it short. 2/23/23 T-Mobile had a nationwide outage.

I lost my connection. My cellphone is to a different company. I was able to get through tech support. Then I was told everyone was down. OK. 2 days later is where they came back, then my router decided it was time to go on the fritz.

I turn it on and it cuts in 10 seconds. Lots of times I tried to turn it on. Finally, called T-Mobile. Jump through the hoops. Finally, Router is no good we will send you another one. They talk me to take the simm card out and it would be used on the next one. So, I had to wrap up the router and march it down to the UPS Store to send it back. Very inconvenient, as I have medical issues with my lower limbs, but I was warned I had X number of days to return the router or I’d have to pay $150.

OK. This was Thursday, so 2 day delivery turned into 4 days delivery. Monday, I go the new router. I have to replace the simm card with the old simm card. Um, no you can’t do that.

Apparently, the Chinese have devised the simm card assembly system to not accept a new simm card, by not letting anyone, but a highly trained tech with tools and equipment to be able to replace the card.

So, that router was now no good. I have to send it back. I get the next router it has no simm card, but as I explained the simm card cannot be replace. This router has to go back. They send me another router. Now I’m wondering why they just use software and switchover or something? They are not wrappin their heads around my being unable to replace the simm card.

This this third time, I have to walk these routers to return it. Only this time I got an idea. Now when I return these routers I don’t have any router at all. So, I got smart. I went and bought a new router, period. I had two no good routers because of two day delivery. As soon as I called in the router was bad they sent out a new one. The new came before I returned the old one, so now I how two router that are useless.

Went through it all over again. Just like I was doing it for the first time. I got the router home and I am got back on line. But, in the back of my mind I am thinking 3 card Monte. 

Now I have only 1 router, one account, and it was up to them to get everything correct, and it looked like they did. I was billed the correct amount on the bill. Then a funny thing happened.

I could no longer get into my online account. When I called that in, I was told no one who had an account before the outage was able to access their account, and T-Mobile themselves were locked out too!

OK, I am able to use the internet again. A month later, I get a bill $150 dollars!! I called and spent around 2 hours on the phone, and I was assured they showed the error and it would be corrected.

I was told, as they has already taken the money, I’d have to wait a billing cycle, to the next month to get a refund. Me, I’m thinking yeah right. OK, so I didn’t report it right away to my bank thinking T-Mobile will do the right thing and return money I did not authorize them to take.

Next billing period comes, no return refund. I immediate call my bank and reported it. Now apparent T-Mobile is disputing that they are owed the money. I had everything, documents, times of call, the recurring charge amounts, over the previous months I was paying until they decided they’d take more than they were authorized.

So, the bank gave me the money back, but I’m not trusting that. I provided proof, but I cannot account that their interpretation of things correctly. At no time, has T-Mobile told me anything about why the $150 was taken, even after I filed a credit card complaint. It has just this month, gone back to the normal $50 dollars a month it is supposed to be.

I am connected now via a competitor’s service. I am sure the bank will not support me and will take the money back as it is the nature of the beast. T-Mobile service has been terminated. I am here to cancel and return their router. Service was great when it worked.

Regards to trying to return the router, that is what I did when it ceased to work, that is when I found out they only output, and do not help with anything regarding a problems.

The tech support was Philippine and was pleasant and attentive. I was fortunate on the night of the outage to actually speak to an American technician. I learned a lot, it actually is rare to talk to an American support person. I usually get Southeast Asians.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Finally, called T-Mobile. Finally, Router is no good we will send you another one. They talk me to take the simm card out and it would be used on the next one.

I have to replace the simm card with the old simm card. Um, no you can’t do that.

Apparently, the Chinese have devised the simm card assembly system to not accept a new simm card, by not letting anyone, but a highly trained tech with tools and equipment to be able to replace the card.

I get the next router it has no simm card, but as I explained the simm card cannot be replace. This router has to go back. They send me another router. Now I’m wondering why they just use software and switchover or something? They are not wrappin their heads around my being unable to replace the simm card.

Seems like some of the problem, is that you did not take the time to follow the manual.  All T-Mobile gateways have easy-to-replace SIMs, without needing any “highly trained tech with tools and equipment.”

Nokia, page 35:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/public-files/attachments/T-Mobile%20High-Speed%20Internet%20Gateway%20End%20User%20Guide.pdf

Arcadyan, page 17:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/public-files/attachments/T-Mobile%20KVD21%20User%20Guide%20-%20English.pdf

Sagemcom, page 10:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/public-files/attachments/hint-gateway/Sagemcom%205G%20Gateway%20User%20Guide_English.pdf