Question

Not able to place order online

Badge

Everytime I try to place an order on the website, I get this message after entering payment and shipping details:

Please call us or visit a store to complete your order.

Your security is important to us. Unfortunately, we weren't able to verify your identity and can't complete your order online. Our award-winning Mobile Experts are ready to assist you. Please call us or visit a store to continue.

I don’t want to spend 2 hours over call or at the store for something as simple as placing an order to add a line or get a device.

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Your security is important to us. Unfortunately, we weren't able to verify your identity and can't complete your order online. Our award-winning Mobile Experts are ready to assist you. Please call us or visit a store to continue.

Their reason is clearly stated here.

Today Is The Tomorrow That You Worried About Yesterday

Badge

I get that the reason is stated there, but when I ask customer care about why my identity cannot be verified and what can be done to get rid of this error everytime, they don't have any answer. They always say everything on the account looks good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you're close to a Best Buy go there to upgrade, it's usually cheaper and no upgrade fees and you can still pay with  EIP on your Tmobile account.

Everytime I try to place an order on the website, I get this message after entering payment and shipping details:

I don’t want to spend 2 hours over call or at the store for something as simple as placing an order to add a line or get a device.

I’m having this issue, when I called they said I should just place it over the phone and when I did that the order did not go through and they blamed my bank, called bank there’s is no issue. Tried again, they said I have to go to a store. This should not be this difficult, I just want to buy online. Did you ever figure out what happened?

Anyone ever figure this out? T-mobile’s customer service has fallen off a cliff. I am just going to switch my carrier after being a customer for over 10+ years. I’ve been trying to order a phone for over a week now and there’s no way to do it. Different cards, chat, phone, nothing works, its unbelievable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Anyone ever figure this out? T-mobile’s customer service has fallen off a cliff. I am just going to switch my carrier after being a customer for over 10+ years. I’ve been trying to order a phone for over a week now and there’s no way to do it. Different cards, chat, phone, nothing works, its unbelievable.

you should just switch..how dare they try to make sure you are in fact you trying to order a phone..the gull of them right?

you should just switch..how dare they try to make sure you are in fact you trying to order a phone..the gull of them right?

Is this a poor attempt at being witty? How else would a company make sure? I have been on the phone (also chat, also website) with them and verified everything and they still cannot process the order. Thanks your input though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you take your ID to a store

did they by chance say why you are being denied? are you the primary account holder (PAH)? if not does the PAH need to give authorization in order for you to order a phone?

I’m having the same issue. I’m the primary account holder and I’m trying to purchase a phone and got the same message about billing address...unable to complete purchase…..call support. I’ve tried two different bank accounts, contacted customer service, and even went in to my local store. Support just keeps doing the same steps I’m doing online and getting the same error so they say there’s nothing they can do. The store employee can’t physically swipe my card in the store unless I’m buying one of the phones they have in stock there but the one I want isn’t available at the store. I’m at a complete loss after trying to buy this phone for 3 days now. It seems like the error is on the backend of their checkout process if other people are having this same issue.

Yes first they said on chat they can’t verify my cards (tried 3 and checked with bank, all fine) after going through full order process. They told me to then do it online on the website (same result), next they said to call. Tried on multiple calls, first they again said issue with my card (which was not true) and next time they said they are having issue with their system and they will call me back which they did not.

Also forcing customers to the store because you can’t rectify online checkout processes is not a solution. The store also charges an extra fee. Anyway doesn’t seem like T-Mobile has any response here either.

Yes first they said on chat they can’t verify my cards (tried 3 and checked with bank, all fine) after going through full order process. They told me to then do it online on the website (same result), next they said to call. Tried on multiple calls, first they again said issue with my card (which was not true) and next time they said they are having issue with their system and they will call me back which they did not.

Also forcing customers to the store because you can’t rectify online checkout processes is not a solution. The store also charges an extra fee. Anyway doesn’t seem like T-Mobile has any response here either.

It’s unfortunate to hear that there seems to be no solution from T-Mobile, but I’m relieved to know I’m not the only one going through this. What’s worse is that going to the store doesn’t even solve the problem. I went to the store and all they could do was login and try the same things I had already been doing. Because they don’t have my phone in stock, there are no options for me at this point. Terribly frustrating. 

It’s unfortunate to hear that there seems to be no solution from T-Mobile, but I’m relieved to know I’m not the only one going through this. What’s worse is that going to the store doesn’t even solve the problem. I went to the store and all they could do was login and try the same things I had already been doing. Because they don’t have my phone in stock, there are no options for me at this point. Terribly frustrating. 

Oh wow even the store is useless. Thats pretty tough. I was going to try going to the store when I get some time but it wouldn’t be for a couple weeks. I am pricing out a plan from Verizon though and it seems it will be cheaper with the promos and stuff going on now. Sorry to hear your issue, I’ve tried again today with t-mobile on the phone and they still could not process it. They themselves seem very unsure of the issue just that it won’t “go through”. They did not suggest going to the store though, they said they would call me back but they said that yesterday also and no one does.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the site is primarily peer to peer assistance with a handful of admins/moderators to keep the site in order only..they do not have account access..

the site is primarily peer to peer assistance with a handful of admins/moderators to keep the site in order only..they do not have account access..

That's no excuse. How can the company providing services not have access to accounts or any way to remedy the situation?