Question

Option to change PIN online results in error message

• 1 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

What the title says.  There is an option within your account to change your PIN online.  However, I’ve been trying to do it for a couple weeks, and every time, it results in the same error message: 

Service Unavailable.

F451 : Uh-oh, it looks like we have our wires crossed. Please try again later.

I’d really like to be able to contact T-Mobile by chat or email via desktop to let them know about this error message, but apparently those are not options.  Calling is the only option.  Oh wait, you might be able to access chat support on the T-Mobile app, but you’ll wait all day to chat with a human who may or may not be able to help you.  Seriously T-Mobile, it’s 2021.  No chat or email support via desktop?  If customer service is backed up and you can’t offer reliable chat, that’s fine… let me email, and a support rep can reply at their convenience.  
Anyway, I do not want to have to call customer service to change my PIN.  I can’t remember what I set up for my PIN before.  I never call customer service, so I have no real reason to keep it fresh in my memory.  I’d like to change it to a sequence of numbers that I know for certain I’ll never forget, and I’d rather do that online while logged into my account.  I’ve already set up the Account Takeover Protection, but I’d like to reset my PIN just as an added bit of protection to protect against sim swaps and the like.  
I know probably no one will be able to help me here, but perhaps someone could check and see if they receive the same error message when trying to reset their PIN.  Would be nice to know if I’m the only one. 

9 replies

same problem

Same issue, is there a resolution to this?

Badge

I’m at least relieved to know that I’m not the only one who has encountered this.  No resolution that I’ve found so far.  T-Mobile doesn’t seem to monitor the Community Boards, so they don’t care.  
I genuinely cannot understand why they don’t have support boards like this where actual T-Mobile support folks answer the questions.  Is that really too much to ask?    

i tried on the website and again on the app.  One of them gave me a better message saying my account was too new and try again.   I tried a couple hours later and was able to get it through.

Badge

Thanks.  I just tried it again, and it seemed to work.  Funny, since it didn’t work when I tried it yesterday. Months of giving that error code, and now suddenly it seems okay.  

Which one were you finally able to get to work - the mobile app or their website?  Because I’m not getting either of them to work today.

Badge

Basically, it just quit giving me the F451 error page that it kept giving me before.  Instead, it said: “New PIN/Passcode cannot be same as current PIN/Passcode. Please try again.”  Which means at some point, it had apparently registered the PIN that I actually want.  I was on desktop when tried it last (couple weeks ago when I posted here last), but I just tried it again on both desktop and the mobile app, and get the same message.  

Looks like the problem is back again. Come on t-mobile..

Service Unavailable.

Looks like the problem is back again. Come on t-mobile..

Service Unavailable.

Glad I’m not the only one. Just spent the last hour trying to figure out why I can’t change my pin only to find this message board.