Question

Original Tidal Username - How to get it or get back to Tidal account after switching phones?

• 4 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Came from Sprint with 5 lines.  Had the Tidal account Sprint provided for free and my daughter used it heavily. She created many many playlists that are dear to her.  She had done the initial set up via Sprint and was working great for many years. She never created a Tidal username and password when she was prompted.  The app just worked on her phone based on the original set up through Sprint.  She just got a new iPhone and did a back up and restore.  Unfortunately the Tidal account had her logged out.  She did not have any information on how to log back in because as a user her account was set up through Sprint, and she never updated the account with an email and password. Now she cannot get into her account, thinks she has lost all of her playlists built up over many years (having a meltdown).  Tidal tech support said if we can provide the original username of the account they can help get her connected to her account again.  How can you get that original username if this was part of the original Sprint set up?  Anybody know or been through this?

I called T-Mobile customer support. I had a discussion, and was on hold alot, and it seemed like the person I was speaking with understood, but I am not sure. He said he has to send this information to the back office and they may be able to provide you a link to get back to the account. Don’t know if that is a thing or not.  I would appreciate anyone’s help or insight.

1 reply

I have this problem as well.  Did you find any solution?