Question

Over Paid Lease

• 20 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have two phones on my account. Both phones were lease to own. The lease charges should have stopped 11 months ago. I called once last year and got nowhere with CS. Last year was a rough one for me so unfortunately I couldn’t keep calling and fighting and T-Mobile continued to charge me a lease fee. I was involved in a fatal traffic accident and was facing misdemeanor manslaughter charges all while trying to get divorced. I had plenty of other things to deal with while working fulltime and studying to get certified in my field. Today T-Mobile calls and tells me that they will only give me a credit for the last two months as they will not go back any farther. If I owed T-Mobile for anything farther back then two months I would certainly be made to pay so why doesn’t T-Mobile???

2 replies

Badge

I forgot to mention…. They found the other driver responsible which has no bearing on my question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

At the end of a lease, you have the option to pay a fee and buy the device, continue leasing it, or return it.  EIP's are a monthly device payment until the device is paid off over 24 months.