Question

Pay As You Go Legacy account

• 8 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a Nokia 6030 cell phone that is under the  Legacy Pay As You Go.  I would like to keep the Legacy Pay As You Go Plan  but I have been informed that the network that the phone is on will be discontinued soon.

My question is how to switch my current cell phone to 4G or 5G without losing the Legacy Pay As You Go Plan.

Thank you for your help.

1 reply

“I have a Nokia 6030 cell phone that is under the  Legacy Pay As You Go.  I would like to keep the Legacy Pay As You Go Plan  but I have been informed that the network that the phone is on will be discontinued soon. “

Hey Me Too! 😀

What T-mobile is offering is a free upgrade to a Nord N200 5G Smart phone.  You shouldn’t lose minutes and there shouldn’t be an activation fee.

That said, I don’t think that this Nord N200 5G smartphone is such a good deal.  The phone retails for $216 on Tmobile’s website… what I think Tmobile should do is give Legacy members a $216 discount which could be applied to any phone.

The reason why I mentioning this is because from the research I have done on T-mobile’s phones the Nord is not very good.  At least that is what the professional reviewers are saying about it.

Apparently the Nord is only offering one more Android upgrade so the phone will be OUT OF DATE in about a year which means you will need to replace it as the old Android version might not work with various apps, websites etc. 

If you continue to use the old phone with the old Android, you are leaving yourself open to security issues that could be exploited by a hacker!!!!

Anyway the Samsung A32 5G which retails for $282 on the Tmobile website is a better phone.  I bitched to Tmobile’s customer service tonight and told them it would be nice if Tmobile’s marketing offered either a free Nord phone or $216 discount that could be applied to any other of Tmobile’s phone offerings as that would give us Legacy members more choices.

I hope they listen!