Question

Phone number change without consent

• 28 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m a disabled veteran, medically retired from the Air Force. So a few months ago i got a new phone, and told the employee that was assisting to me not change my phone number. Now, today I’m realizing that my phone number was changed without my consent and now I cant access important verification and sign in for my VA Health Care benefits all because I no longer have access to my previous phone number in which I asked not to change until I transition all of my information to the new phone number. Someone please help.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

purchasing a new phone doesnt mean they change the number each time..unless your account was closed out or delinquent for i think its 60 days then sure they’ll recycle your number..but changing phones doesnt do anything to your account other than a phone swap and in order to do that they take your sim card out of your old phone and put it into the new one..or a new sim card if your old one was to old..but that still doesnt change your number.. if you call someone are they able to tell its you? are they saying your number is different now?

re reading your post..did you request the number be changed?