Question

PLEASE HELP

• 10 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I HAVE LITERALLY BEEN LIED TO AND HUNG UP ON MORE TIMES IN THE LAST 2 DAYS BY  T - MOBILE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES, TECHNICIANS, AND SUPERVISORS THAN IN MY WHOLE LIFE. 

IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT OR UNDERSTAND WHY I CANNOT RECEIVE PHONE CALLS FROM MY FIANCE WHO IS IN AN OHIO PRISON. I HAVE SET UP A PREPAID ACCOUNT AND WHEN SHE CALLS MY PHONE NUMBER IT DOES NOT RING ; DOES NOT GO TO VOICE MAIL IT STATES THAT THIS IS A RESTRICTED PHONE NUMBER AND NOT ALOUD TO ACCEPT CALLS FROM THIS FACILITY. I HAVE NO RESTRICTIONS ON MY PHONE AND IVE EVEN TURNED OFF THE SCAM SHEILD BLOCK. DOES ANYONE HAVE A  CLUE ON WHSTS HAPPENING? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

I don’t know much about this subject so this may not help but are all your other calls getting through? Is it possible to get a call from another phone in the prison that has a different number to see if it is restricted too? Did this number somehow get blocked on your phone, causing it to be restricted, and can you just unblock it if it is? Good luck, hope you find a solution.

Userlevel 1

My guess would be that a some point, you inadvertently made a selection to block calls.  In some prison phone systems, you can block all calls, or calls from certain individuals.  I would call the institution’s inmate phone call provider.  It may not be a T-mobile problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

does it show up as a private number or does the number actually show up? could also be the spam caller app thinking its spam. might even try turning that off to see what happens.