Solved

prepaid cancellation refund

Badge

i have over $190 remaining in my pre-paid acct. & the money simply disappeared afterwards. I’d have no issue using the remaining toward a purchase of device or some sort, but  it just simply disappeared. 

This term non-refundable term is a complete scam. The nob-refundable amount should be limited within the billing cycle or 60 days of the cancellation. what if the customer had emergency & had to cancel the service when there is a large amount in the acct? 

icon

Best answer by syaoran 26 April 2023, 21:11

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It clearly states that prepaid funds are non-refundable.  It doesn't matter how little or much that is.  It's non-refundable.  

Badge

It clearly states that prepaid funds are non-refundable.  It doesn't matter how little or much that is.  It's non-refundable.  

WHICH IS WHY IT IS A SCAM its not reasonable! if you charge cancelation fee up to 2 mo, it makes sense, but if people have more than 2mo service  fee, its not reasonable to have that charge! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

A scam is deceptive.  There is nothing deceptive about saying, all prepaid funds are non-refundable.

Badge

A scam is deceptive.  There is nothing deceptive about saying, all prepaid funds are non-refundable.

the service they are unable to to provide in terms of cancellation, they should’ve not t be able to charge legally. meaning they could not keep that money without having a way for the acct holder to have access to. even i canceled the line, i should be able to have access to the acct 7 the remaining balance, & further make use for it, non-refundable does not mean you can take it away, iy just means the money has to be consumed with in the system , which meaning T-mobile bsout be able to provide me other ways to use the money, like i said, make purchase to a phone or other type of services. the way the money just simply disappeared makes it a scam! please think logically. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here's the prepaid term in the fine print. You can take them to arbitration but I don't think it would help.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/simply-prepaid-plans

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am thinking logically.  You are blaming T-Mobile for your oversight.  You should have made sure you used those funds before canceling the account.  

Badge

I am thinking logically.  You are blaming T-Mobile for your oversight.  You should have made sure you used those funds before canceling the account.  

i’m stating a fact that their pre-paid terms are not fair to the consumer & should be changed, & the terminology non-refundable should’ve not give them legal rights to take complete access away once the hone line is terminated.  it should still be my acct money, what if i could buy data to use for oversea travels without bonding to a sim card? what if i could use temporary internet service or a month3 or 2? This is fair trading/business, but what t-mobile did is scamming & robbing.  i said what I said. 

Badge

i’m stating a fact that their pre-paid terms are not fair to the consumer & should be changed, & the terminology non-refundable should’ve not give them legal rights to take complete access away once the hone line is terminated.  it should still be my acct money, what if i could buy data to use for oversea travels without bonding to a sim card? what if i could use temporary internet service or a month3 or 2? This is fair trading/business, but what t-mobile did is scamming & robbing.  i said what I said. 

nothing takes away the fact that they take away the complete access to your acct balance-cash,  without providing any service in order to trade for that remaining money. so its a finely coded scam. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If I cancel my post paid account I will be in the same boat as you with no access to my account. Verizon is the same, once you cancel you have no access to the account.

Badge

If I cancel my post paid account I will be in the same boat as you with no access to my account. Verizon is the same, once you cancel you have no access to the account.

which is still unreasonable. they cannot just take the money aways without offering alternative option of services in exchange for the cash in the acct. just because the cell companies are providing equivalent services, doesn’t make it right or fair, it only makes them balanced with each other. We have people committing all sorts of crime everyday, would you think it’s ok to not put them into jail? if they have the keep the money for pre-paid phone services only, they should have to keep the prepaid line open until all the balance is used up. Taking the cash away directly is a robbery. 

Badge

which is still unreasonable. they cannot just take the money aways without offering alternative option of services in exchange for the cash in the acct. just because the cell companies are providing equivalent services, doesn’t make it right or fair, it only makes them balanced with each other. We have people committing all sorts of crime everyday, would you think it’s ok to not put them into jail? if they have the keep the money for pre-paid phone services only, they should have to keep the prepaid line open until all the balance is used up. Taking the cash away directly is a robbery. 

& also making the service a scam because the money went from non-refundable to your bank to non-existing to your acct. its a SCAM @syaoran  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

https://www.verizon.com/support/prepaid-billing-payment-faqs/

you can always run screaming from TMO and right into the arms of Verizon...however..

When does my prepaid payment expire? What happens if I don't make a payment before the expiration date?

A new expiration date is set each time you make a payment to your account.

It's set differently depending on when you signed up for your prepaid plan.

• I signed up for my prepaid plan AFTER 11/6/18
    As long as you renew your plan within 60 days of the plan renewal date, your account will stay active and your payments won't expire.
  • I signed up for my prepaid plan BEFORE 11/6/18
    Once applied to your account, payments expire as follows:
Payment Amount Expires In
$0.01 - 29.99 30 days
$30 - 74.99 90 days
$75 - 99.99 180 days
$100 or more 365 days

If you make a payment to your account before your expiration date, any unused balance will carry over and expire on your new expiration date.

If you don't make another payment before the expiration date, any remaining balance on your account will be lost and you may not be able to keep your mobile number.

this would be from Verizons site by the way..just so theres no confusion.

Badge

you can always run screaming from TMO and right into the arms of Verizon...however..

When does my prepaid payment expire? What happens if I don't make a payment before the expiration date?

As long as you renew your plan within 60 days of the plan renewal date, your account will stay active and your payments won't expire.
$0.01 - 29.99 30 days
$30 - 74.99 90 days
$75 - 99.99 180 days
$100 or more 365 days

If you make a payment to your account before your expiration date, any unused balance will carry over and expire on your new expiration date.

If you don't make another payment before the expiration date, any remaining balance on your account will be lost and you may not be able to keep your mobile number.

WEL then why when people paid 6mo in advance, the company could not keep the acct open? why the cash in the acct is taken away?? when the company takes  remaining balance away without offering alternative service for exchange for the existing money in the acct, it makes the above math COMPLETE LIE. Do you understand? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

$0.01 - 29.99 30 days
$30 - 74.99 90 days
$75 - 99.99 180 days
$100 or more 365 days

WEL then why when people paid 6mo in advance, the company could not keep the acct open? why the cash in the acct is taken away?? when the company takes  remaining balance away without offering alternative service for exchange for the existing money in the acct, it makes the above math COMPLETE LIE. Do you understand? 

Many users have a grandfathered pay as you go plan where if you refill with $100 you achieved gold status and you got preferred rates on minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

$0.01 - 29.99 30 days
$30 - 74.99 90 days
$75 - 99.99 180 days
$100 or more 365 days

the fact that they didnt exactly hide the part that says “NON REFUNDABLE”. I understand “non refundable” perfectly fine..

unless you are to believe that ALL the carriers got together and decided to run this scam on everyone..since they all have the same verbiage when it comes to this.

lets go with this..why was it ended? did they say why? did you pay 6 months in advance but that 6 month marker came up and you didnt re up on it even though you still had money in the system? what was the reason?  you keep side stepping this..

$0.01 - 29.99 30 days
$30 - 74.99 90 days
$75 - 99.99 180 days
$100 or more 365 days

Badge

$0.01 - 29.99 30 days
$30 - 74.99 90 days
$75 - 99.99 180 days
$100 or more 365 days

the fact that they didnt exactly hide the part that says “NON REFUNDABLE”. I understand “non refundable” perfectly fine..

unless you are to believe that ALL the carriers got together and decided to run this scam on everyone..since they all have the same verbiage when it comes to this.

lets go with this..why was it ended? did they say why? did you pay 6 months in advance but that 6 month marker came up and you didnt re up on it even though you still had money in the system? what was the reason?  you keep side stepping this..

then what is the reason why you think its okay for a company too keep your cash without fulfilling any type of service ? just because the company say so? then where does the protection for the users?

i’m simply stating a fact this term is taking advantage os users no matter who is paying for it, how much there is left, this act od taking cash away is WRONG 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what...is...the...reason...it...was...ended…?