Question

Pricing breakdown expectations for Magenta Plans

• 3 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I want to get some feedback from the community on pricing expectations before I call customer support to inquire about my billing charges. Through my previous experiences, support representatives tend to come up with with numerous excuses and bad math explanations to explain overbilling charges. I want to make sure I’m understanding their plan offers and pricing breakdown correctly before engaging and getting upset with their response.

I’ve recently activated 3 new lines under a Magenta Military plan last month. The pricing breakdown states an average of $30/line for a total of $90 when registered for autopay as advertised on their site. I am understanding this correctly? I assume each line would be charged either $30 or some combination of $55/$25/$10 per line as long as the total arrives at $90 for the plan. Are others as yourself being charged according to this?

The first bill I received charged the full price of $55 per line (with autopay), no discounts for the 2nd or 3rd lines. Given that this was a first month bill and I was still dealing with activation charges I decided to wait this out to see if it would be corrected. The information on the bill stated charges on the first month’s statement may not be correct so I decided to be patient. I did not take advantage of any promotions, bill credits, or new device purchases however - this is simply activating 3 new lines. Receiving this month’s bill, I am still seeing what I would expect to be the full charge (single line rate) being charged per line. Obviously nowhere close to what I assume should be the correct charge of $90.

Before I call support, am I in the wrong here?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @cr2009 $55 per line is incorrect even for the first month. The way it should show up is you have a family plan for $80 and two lines say “included” and then the third line says $10. If you have anything else on your account like device insurance, premium netflix or other streaming services, or other features, you would see those charges outlined on the bill as well. Please reach out to our customer support team to have your bill for the first month corrected and make sure that your plan is updated to avoid extra charges or headache moving forward. 

The way most people on the Community like to be connected with a support person is by messaging us on Facebook or Twitter. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you can click the icon for the one you want to use. 

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can go to your Mytmobile account and check the difference there. Just go through the motion of changing what you want and it will give you a breakdown. If you don't like it don't approve the changes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

When it’s all said and done your Military Max should bill as 90 when you use autopay. Mine bills as that and I have the same plan.